Cali Kid Corals

My lighting is out, and I really need help

That's easy enough to check, swap it out and don't daisy chain them. Those Coralife wavetimer strips are the suxxors...

Yea, I'm going to buy a surge protect cord stick and seperate the wavemakers. I hope that would work, but for my old fixture, it's pretty much gone. I don't know if the wires are still good, but the ballast might be out huh?

Thanks guys, is there any fixture lighting, in expensive that can fit on top of the nano cube? I'm going strip out the hood and might toss it. My budget is 100 buck, looking something 40watts or over.

There are very few non DIY options that I am aware of for a small cube tank. The one that comes to mind is more than $100 (16" sunpod)

Oh... Looks like I have some serious problem, I need a fixture fast because the only light that the tank get is the sun light out the window. Is it safe to run an open top though?

open top is fine and done a lot. However, some fish are known to jump out of hte tank (not clowns ime as you have some) Also, you'll have a lot more evaporation.

I see. Thanks for the help guys, I just toss that cord stick and I'm planning to get a surge protector. I hope I find a lighting system quick because half of my corals isn't happy.

you can buy a 70 watt 16" sunpod for that price (they might sell 150s in a 16)....but 16" is no longer made, so you will have to get New Old Stock or used.

Likewise, you can get the JBJ k2 70 watt new for under 200 or the 150 used for under 200 (I like the sunpods more)

Used 150W sunpod.
Fishneedit 150W pendants.

Either of those with a Phoenix 14KK bulb would work. You'll just have to worry about the heat then...

So far, no freaking luck with the sun pod, I'm done searching for that. Now I'm seeking into buying the viper 70watt. I'm going rip out the canopy and install the light... hope this plan pull through...

sunpods are had used i the 16" variety. Best probability of finding them used is at nano-reef.com (they get scooped up fast).

Back