New In-Wall Tank

Discussion in 'DIY' started by REEFCARTEL, Dec 8, 2014.

1. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

I use a Tunze Nano DOC. I has a built in adjustment screw and air intake near the skimmer neck. I found its proximity to the water surface caused it to suck in salt spray and plug often. So I ran some airline tube to the pump and ran it away from the water. No plugs and its also quieter now too.

2. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

thats a good idea. mind sharing some pics?

3. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

Sure it's overdue for a cleaning. I'll pull it out and take some pics tonight.

4. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Okay sounds good bud

5. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

6. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

When does the life happen?

7. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Not until May. Im going to start the cycle when i return from Vegas since I cant miss any dosages during the 14 Day Zeo cycle. Im being very patient and making sure I can keep my parameters at NSW for a couple months without any fluctuations. During this time, im dialing things in and testing out the auto water change system.

8. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Oh will this be a zeo-powered tank? Doing the full suite of zeo products?

9. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

What a perfect design - what can be better than watching the Warriors and your tank at the same time!!?? Awesome!

(ok - maybe watching the Warriors live like I did when the Clippers were in town but that is the only exception.....)

Tank is really coming together and looking nice!

10. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Yes. I love it

11. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Thank You :)

12. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Coool I dont know anything about zeo. My impression is that its just a suite of products patented by Zeo. Probably bacteria, amino acids, and more.

The best sps tanks apparantly run zeo products.

13. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Exactly. You know Germans make the good stuff lol. Zeo works good with LPS too and definitely Anemones.

14. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

BTW, see I'm lazy. I just posted some pics of the modded skimmer in the equipment section. :)

15. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

ahh lol no prob thanks

16. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

17. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

18. anathema

anathema Supporting Member

Gorgeous install, but I see a massive problem.

You installed it in the wrong house! How could you miss such a glaring issue.

I'm home all day, you can cut into the wall and put the sump in my roommate's bedroom. He won't mind.

19. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

hehe :)

20. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

The Host with The Most