Reef nutrition

New Member Area/Introduce yourself thread

Hi guys, I'm a new member. This seems to be a great site and I look forward to meeting the members. I currently have a 100 gallon with built-in filter and hope to be upgrading to a 150 gallon with a sump. Sorry no pics, but I'll try to post some later.

BTW: I'm in Dublin, Ca.

Thanks and have a great weekend. Benjamin

Hello all,

My name is Andrew and I have been a member for about 4 months now or so. I hope to attend the meeting on the 10th of Nov.

I got into saltwater fish tanks when I was stationed in New Jersey in 2000 during my Air Force service (7years). There I listened to my LFS and had a horrible FOWLR tank. Some internet research lead me to Reef Central and this club. I recently separated from the Air Force, and now have a nice 50 gallon tank. I have Phong's old 100 gallon tank that I am working on now. I've met several of the BAR members from trade/purchases off of RC and CL. All of the people I have met so far are really nice and genuine people.

Hi,

You're welcome to attend the BOD meeting on 11/10 the focus will be club business which you may or may not find all that interesting. On 12/10 will be our general meeting Randy Reed will be presenting at this event.

Come and join the discussions on the board and ask away.

Eileen

Hi everybody,

My name is Bohdar and I live in San Francisco. I got started in the hobby when my girlfriend bought me a 29g tank as a Christmas present, thinking I'd just put some goldfish in there. I took it a little further than that ;D and have been keeping FOWLR for a couple years. Now I'm starting what I hope will be a successfull 90g LPS/SPS reef. Here's a pic of my tank and QT. My handle on RC is also Rekonn.

Edit - figured out how to use the attach feature.

Hi Bohdar,

Welcome to BAR.

Unfortunately your pic doesn't show up because you liked to RC (their rules, not ours). Please try hosting your pics on photobucket.com or a similar service. you can also upload the pick directly to the BAR forums by using the advanced options on your post.

-C

Hi Everyone,

My name is Robert and I am a new BAR member from south South San Jose. I've been in the aquarium hobby a little over 15 years now but have only been reefing for a little over two years so I still have lots to learn.

My current tank is a 90G mixed (mostly LPS and softies) which right now is growing smaller. In fact, I think it had shrunk quite considerably since the first day I bought it. All the living creatures inside the tank seems to be quite happy and growing quite well but for some odd reason I can't figure out why the tank itself is not. What gives? Does anyone have similar problem? Or is it just me?

Does anyone here know how to grow a fish tank bigger...without breaking the savings?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to meeting you all in the next meeting.

Rob

P.S....I have few branches of pulsing Xenia and some cheato that I can give away for free, if anyone is interested.

[quote author=robert4025 link=topic=431.msg29101#msg29101 date=1199309350]
Hi Everyone,

My name is Robert and I am a new BAR member from south South San Jose. I've been in the aquarium hobby a little over 15 years now but have only been reefing for a little over two years so I still have lots to learn.

My current tank is a 90G mixed (mostly LPS and softies) which right now is growing smaller. In fact, I think it had shrunk quite considerably since the first day I bought it. All the living creatures inside the tank seems to be quite happy and growing quite well but for some odd reason I can't figure out why the tank itself is not. What gives? Does anyone have similar problem? Or is it just me?

Does anyone here know how to grow a fish tank bigger...without breaking the savings?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to meeting you all in the next meeting.

Rob

P.S....I have few branches of pulsing Xenia and some cheato that I can give away for free, if anyone is interested.
[/quote]Hi Robert,

Just pour a bunch of $$$ into your tank, It'll get bigger for sure.

Welcome,
Jeremy

BTW, Good luck giving coral away around here, it's a tough crowd....

Hello all.

I'm Brett. I'm actually just crashing your board! I'm actually a mod over at www.manhattanreefs.com I've met Rich and Gresham at different events, I'm 'bingo' over at RDO if you happen to go over there as well.

Lets see:

I've been in the hobby for about 8 years, I've never had a FOWLR tank, my current 58, which I built everything myself including the tank, is the largest reef tank I've owned. I live in NYC, well my tank does. I'm a stagehand by trade, and I travel for work a lot. This past year I've been working on Jersey Boys, so I"ve been out of town more than I've been home.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you, and maybe starting up some bi-costal stuff. Who knows?

Glad to meet you all.
Brett

A pic of my current setup from months ago...

29bench.jpg

Hi All,

My name is Monzer. I am a new BAR member. I live in South San Jose area (Cambrian, willow glen area).

I've been in the hobby for almost 4 years. Currently, I have a 72G Bow front W/20G refuge/sump, 1 blue tang, 1 yellow, two clowns, blue tip anemone, kenyas, fuzzy mushrooms, neon green star ployps and some zoas.

I am in the works of upgrading to a 140G and a 55G refuge/sump. Unfortunately, that's been going on for three months now. :-( Just too many things going on in my life.

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=431.msg29505#msg29505 date=1199824775]
Glad to have you Monzer!
[/quote]

Thanks Levi. Glad to be here.

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=431.msg29540#msg29540 date=1199860957]
Nice looking kid there. :D
[/quote]

Thanks Eileen. She is my beautiful 14 months old daughter. In case you are wondering, I took this pic when she was 7 months old. My wife and my daughter is what keeps me going.

[quote author=bad coffee link=topic=431.msg29252#msg29252 date=1199508906]
Hello all.

I'm Brett. I'm actually just crashing your board! I'm actually a mod over at www.manhattanreefs.com I've met Rich and Gresham at different events, I'm 'bingo' over at RDO if you happen to go over there as well.

Lets see:

I've been in the hobby for about 8 years, I've never had a FOWLR tank, my current 58, which I built everything myself including the tank, is the largest reef tank I've owned. I live in NYC, well my tank does. I'm a stagehand by trade, and I travel for work a lot. This past year I've been working on Jersey Boys, so I"ve been out of town more than I've been home.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you, and maybe starting up some bi-costal stuff. Who knows?

Glad to meet you all.
Brett

A pic of my current setup from months ago...

29bench.jpg

[/quote]

Glad you could make it. The sister club concept is one I've always wanted to see.

Back