Kessil

Saturday, August 11th BAR Members swap

Well Jim, going from my count, first 4 rounds were 1 pick, then 2 pick rounds and there were 3 of those? So 7 total? Which makes about sense, I think I got 8 frags but only chose 2 in the "pick 4" round (i.e. 6th & 7th)

Who ever picked that acro that was in a big non-transparent container with "JIM" as the only label I will kill you if you don't sell me a frag of that and I know who you are. -- j/k :D

-perry

that was amazing. I was still debating on what to pick after3 or 4 rounds. there was that much good stuff!

also. i liked that there wasn't a raffle this time. since we were all bringing things home i don't think we needed to complicate it with looking at the #'s to see if we had won.

and family memberships are the way to go. 24 frag all doing great.

thanks again to the BOD for working so hard on this.

Chris

A big thank you to Norman, Mike, Dudley, Jim and the rest for putting together such a great event. I have to say that above everything else the freebies you put together for the non-participating members was amazing and a great example of what I have learned this group is all about:
Sharing and promoting the appreciation of reef aquariums.
Of course all of Jim's work on getting the BAR frags was amazing and the generosity of the sponsors is always impressive. My SPS just got a good feeding of ReefNutrition Phyto thanks to Gresham.
Next time I hope I can help more. I guess I have six months to plan for it. :)

I had a great time too and it's nice to see the club come together in such a friendly way.
I hope we'll see you all at the next swap in 6 months and please help us chronicle the success of these frags in the BAR "Frag Swap Info" forum. Threads will be up shortly for most of the BAR supplied corals and we'd like to track their progress in our club.
Any help is much appreciated.
Next meeting is October and a presentation from our friends at Steinhart. More details will be in a new thread soon.
Thanks for a great day everyone!-Jim

I want to thank all of the BAR members, I had a great time, and i even scored free frags :D

that was my first meeting, unfortunate my membership was not paid on time to actually participate on the swap :-

but the free stuff I got is really neat, I set it on my frag tank, so i have about 6 months to grow as much stuff as i can to give back, and help other newbies :p

can anyone say " GSP " ;D

i have too much on my main tank, maybe next time i can bring a full table of "GSP" to share :D

thanks again..

BTW. thanks to Steve from the New Alameda, for the tips for my tanks.... ;)

thanks

Juan

thanks to norman, jim and all the BOD folks for another great swap and really taking the iniative to build a real sense of community among the BAR members.. it was great to have a chance to catch up with folks, trade stories, and have fun swapping frags.. ;D

The coolest thing that I notice was how the giving spirit of this club was nicely spreaded around to all the members by its leader and the BOD, everyone was willing to spread their corals around and give to others without expecting anything in return. A great example was the supprise free frags for those that didnt get to join the swap. ... very cool guys !!!

Club spirit... you can trace that all the way back to the original BAR founders, Rich and Jim. It's something that we on the BOD talk about a lot. Worth every bit of effort it takes to keep it going :D

Yes, and the lashings will continue until club spirit improves!!
J/K!
It's really nice to be in a club where the members are concerned about the animals beyond just as ornaments.

I sure hope you BODs are willing to share some of that fun work you guys do for the frag swaps. Others of us would be more than willing to help out however needed.

[quote author=patchin link=topic=2141.msg23258#msg23258 date=1187042035]
I sure hope you BODs are willing to share some of that fun work you guys do for the frag swaps. Others of us would be more than willing to help out however needed.
[/quote]

I'll put you on the list of nominees when re-election time rolls around ;)

Great swap! I got a #1, #2, #4, #9 but must have missed the master colony list. Where can I find the names of each? I can kind of guess what each is, but it would be nice to know the exact name.

Back