Reef nutrition

Screebo's Tank Glimpse (aka Penninsula Tank Tour)

screebo said:
Greetings (Bula) from Taveuni, Fiji. Wow, we've got wireless hooked to dial up. Pretty funny. I wasn't expecting any internet here. I'm sure happy to be planning a viewing of my tank. My son, Eric, is caring for the tank. He's an experienced fresh water aquariest and is really good at taking instructions. Well, it's pretty automatic anyway except for topping off the ATO reservoir and wiping down the algae from the glass. I'll catch up with all later. :)

Make sure you take pics of your dive excursion John. Hope you're having a great time! :)

So............................the 21st still looks good to me a window from 12 noon to 2 PM would work fine for visitors in San Carlos. If you are pretty sure you can make it and don't know how to get here, just send me a PM. Great swap today and thanks a million for the lunch! Good to see you all.

HI John,

I definitely want in, and would like to show my tank too while you're in our neck of the woods.... Susan's good with that and my tank is showing pretty nicely. I'd like the later part of the day if that works, as the tank shows really well with the SVHOs on

LMK if I can get in on this, as I've been trying to stir up interest in doing a coastal tour, but needed to wait for Jeremy to get up and running, I e mailed Bryan and Jeremy indicating my desire to show.

Hoping it can be done on the 21st.

Best,
Joel

tuberider said:
I'd be down with doing an after party at my place for those that want to make the trek out to the coast, I'm really not that far from John. I'll even whip up a few pies if people are into pizza..

Sounds Great. How about a viewing at my place too??? :D

John,

Not sure how much interest you have but I could add my tank to the list of tanks to see in the area. My fear is that no on talked about this for a while and it may be a little to last minute to throw together.

Reef Keeper said:
tuberider said:
I'd be down with doing an after party at my place for those that want to make the trek out to the coast, I'm really not that far from John. I'll even whip up a few pies if people are into pizza..

Sounds Great. How about a viewing at my place too??? :D

His post was prior to his dog getting hurt, I wonder if that offer still stands?

Be it small or large, I'm up for showing the tank between 12 and 2 PM. I've gotta run by about 4 PM. If not for a prior dinner engagement, I'd be up for pizza at Tuberiders. Those coming, please call or PM to let me know and I'll make sure my arm's not in the tank when you arrive. All BAR members are welcome and encouraged to come on by..... :)

I have to bow out, my dog now lives in a little 4X4' pen and cannot get excited (she want's to kill people at first until she gets to meet them), plus whatever happened to my tank last week seems to be having a bit of a long term effect on coral color, so it's really not much to look at, kinda like a bunch of deciduous bushes during the winter :D

Members are welcome, but I have to keep it to one or two people at a time, i.e. if you want to see my tank call me and I'm happy to show it, but a group of people may cause Mickie's back to explode.

John I plan on coming. Jeremy sorry your dog is having problems...I'd like to see your tank somday, I can wait though. Bryan I'd like to see yours too

Hey Reefers

I had to cut out (all my Montis) after Jeremy discovered Monti Eating Nudies in my display, which freed up a lot of prime real estate. I hate those #X*!! (expletive, expletive) The tank is still showing well even thought I had to remove more than a years worth of growth. Now I'm dipping the mother colonies in Revive every 4 days for the next 2-3 months. Another BIG SHOUT OUT TO Doctor JEREMY for his Diagnosis, Revive, and Moral Support. Even after all this still, I'm still up to showing off my system if anyone wants to come out to the Coast. While my tank set up is pretty nice, I now I have a long way to go, again, to be as stunning as Screebo's and Bryan's set ups.

R.K.

For those planning to stop by my place on Saturday:

You are welcome to arrive not earlier than 12 noon with laser pointer guided tank chat at 1 PM, I'm outta here by 2:15 PM.
Bonus: First three arrivals may take DBTC Idaho Grape Monti Cap frags plus one lucky Member may take the single DBTC WYSIWYG "My Favorite" birds nest frag. :)

screebo said:

You are welcome to arrive not earlier than 12 noon with laser pointer guided tank chat at 1 PM, I'm outta here by 2:15 PM.
Bonus: First three arrivals may take DBTC Idaho Grape Monti Cap frags plus one lucky Member may take the single DBTC WYSIWYG "My Favorite" birds nest frag. :)

Does the 'My Favorite' come with a margarita? :D

iCon said:
screebo said:

Does the 'My Favorite' come with a margarita? :D

Or more likely, does bringing Margaritas qualify one to be the lucky Member. S)
Hmm, that is rather rude if taken out of context.
I would go, but I think (hope) I am getting my new tank delivered about then.

Hi,

Does anyone plan on coming out to the Coast now that it sounds like Jeremy cannot Show? My tank is looking pretty good in spite of those blasted nudi varmints. Bryan, John, Jeremy, JAR, Patrick B., anyone else? Saturday is right around the corner, and we prefer late after noon You can bring some beverages and even something to BBQ on my Outdoor Gas Grill, if Jeremy isn't going to do that anymore. What time is Bryan showing his Set Up? Or is that off too? Plz LMK. Maybe someone can throw up a roster and schedule like Apon / Arnold does on this link- like a Vote here poll. I don't know how to do that.

Joel / reef keeper

Back