Kessil

Screebo's Tank Glimpse (aka Penninsula Tank Tour)

Hi,

Does anyone plan on coming out to the Coast now that it sounds like Jeremy cannot Show?

My tank is looking pretty good in spite of those blasted nudi varmints. I even cleaned my fuge and thinned out the plants in there too.

Bryan, John, Jeremy, JAR, Patrick B., anyone else? Saturday is right around the corner, and we prefer late after noon.

You can bring some beverages and even something to BBQ on my Outdoor Gas Grill, if Jeremy isn't going to do that anymore.

What time is Bryan showing his Set Up? Or is that off too? Plz LMK. Maybe someone can throw up a Roster and Schedule (like Apon / Arnold does on his tours he organizes) on this Thread- like a Vote here poll. I don't know how to do that.

Joel / reef keeper

I think due to the difficulty of putting this together at the last minute I may defer to another time. Think it might be best if we can give a couple weeks notice and keep up the hype so people remember it is happening.

I'm kinda looking at it as simply one of many opportunities to view the tank. Nothing formal, just a window of time that I'm happy to show the tank to BAR members. No big thing...... :)

Joel I'd like to see sometime soon...this weekend not the best though. Just read your whole tank thread, so now I gotta see it, right? Maybe you and Brian can figurebout a weekend to both show sometime soonish?

I got to see John's tank a couple of days ago. It looks amazing in person! We sawed up some LPS colonies, which are healing in order to enter DBTC.

Coral reefer said:
Joel I'd like to see sometime soon...this weekend not the best though. Just read your whole tank thread, so now I gotta see it, right? Maybe you and Brian can figurebout a weekend to both show sometime soonish?

Hi Mike,

Definitely! :glasses:

Thank you for reading my Journal Thread.

I've longed looked forward to seeing Bryan's tank ever since reading his Tank Journal too. Screebo/John told me about it too - after seeing it, so I feel like I'm really missing out on something terrific. Forgit to mention - I have two of Bryan's frags that have been thriving in my display tank. You're always welcome to PM me, and you can get a close up view. I'm pretty sure my set up is not on par with his, but it's a nice set up, and I like sharing it with friends and members.

I think waiting another couple of weeks for us to coordinate makes sense too. I tried to get this Coastside Tour done before, but it seems if Jeremy doesn't show his tank, folks don't usually want to make the trip out here. Plus, I'm not experienced at coordinating events like this.

jc

Lit by T5 Photographed 08/19/2010

IMG_8133Aug192010.jpg

Lit with 2 x 175W Reeflux 20Ks
IMG_4973.jpg

Desedra Clam
IMG_4964.jpg

sfboarders said:
That video makes your tank look like a nano John. :D Is that a purple tang I see in your tank? If so, he must be a new addition. :)
Yup, that's a purple tang to nibble away at random greenery. Bought from Neptune earlier this week. A fine specimen. Now all I need is a real BIG peppermint shrimp to start working on my aptasia anemones. Photobucket is not the "greatest" way to view uploaded videos. I'm gonna experiment and repost with You Tube here and see if it looks better in full screen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OEzXf7J2mM

screebo said:
Great shots, Joel! I really like the way that clam looks! Very nice display looking very good! :beer:

Oh shucks :shy: Same back at you. Your display is maturing very nicely. :bigsmile: I can't thank you enough for following my post/s and for your comments too; they are very much appreciated.

That clam is growing so fast, I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to keep it in the display. Sure is pretty.

In the next couple of weeks, I have plans to do some rearranging of some pieces, and the clam my wind up in the left front corner. It's thriving nice where it is now. I'd really love to have a yellow one, and I may begin looking for a replacement, when I take the blue one out of the display.

Best,
RK / JC

Nice visit, guys. Thanks for coming by and special thanks to Bill for the nice case of gonipora-rhea. Both frags have completely extended their long necks and have found permanent on the reef.

Back