Neptune Aquatics

Small blue clove looking polyps...

Sorry Cits. I'm not sure who you were :( Hopefully on the next go around.. What's your location? Maybe we can meet up somewhere...

I've grown it all over the place.. Under pc's, t5ho's and mh's... I have a little tiny frag about 10" from my 250w 10k reeflux.. I have at the bottom of a 2x65wpc on a 20long as well.. All seem to be doing fine.. It seemed to grow more compact with the pc lights down a little lower.. When I placed it up high under the MH it grew slightly larger and thicker...

It seems to be melting if I put it high up on the rock, but doing fine when placed under the shade. Maybe it just need some time to acclimate.

-perry

It seems to be very easy coral. Mine open doesn't matter where I put it. Super high light (400W) or on the bottom with 250W. High flow or no flow, it doesn't really care. Are you sure nothing eating it Eileen?

It was sitting in a tank with three tangs, one clownfish, one anthias, and one mandarin. No crabs and no snails in the tank.

I finally pulled it out and put it in my larger tank under some shade and it looks the same - very sad.

Very odd. This stuff doesn't seem that demanding at all.

Maybe try feeding it and see if it'll perk up for ya.

I had to place mine in my frag tank to get started. I have more blue light in there and more white in my main tank. I also have a Flame Angel who seemed to like them, so light might have been secondary.

If anyone looses their piece I might have another one... Shortly They are currently growing about 15" below a 250w 10k reeflux on an icecap e ballast..

Yikes...... I've been batttling these for many months now. They reach plague status quite quickly, or at least that has been my experience :( They came as a hitchiker!

Back