Reef nutrition

Sometime I hate owning clams and coral.....

Apon

Supporting Member
Don't you just hate it, when one of your animals start to decline and you can't figure out why. one of my squamosa clams that was given to me by my cousin has been declining for 2 weeks. I have had it for a year and I can't figure out why (although I did yank an little fire worm from the bottom of it, not sure it was the cause or it senses its weekness)....I am a little surprised its still holding on, since those things can die in a day sometime....same feeling if I get a coral that RTN's. Oh well....

I don't think its pinched mantle....It has loss color too. The gills still look good too. The sucky things is now my purple tang has been nibble it, he has done this before only on clams that are declining, normally he doesn't touch them. Maybe I have too many to clams to properly support in my system. I am going to try to keep it under 8 clams now.

You got me there Gresh, I haven't fed phytofeast in about 6 months....The clams in question is a 7 inch Squamosa. : ) Its still alive and responding, it just doesn't look good.

Send me an email and I will send you a fresh bottle of Phyto-Feast LIVE ASAP :) maybe that'll help?

WAY to big. Think blood cells when thinking about what T. clams eat.

Yes cyclopeze is too large, and I do use that for fish.

Gresham, thanks for the offer, but I can get some at my lfs. Very generous of you, but I am not sure that will help it, it maybe to far gone.

I wonder if changing out the Co2 and carbon has anything to do with it? but I have doen this before without any changes in my clams.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3137.msg34382#msg34382 date=1203473324]
so....clean your glass and knock that algae into the water column :p
[/quote]

clams are quite particular to size and amount of food. Too much, they close up. Wrong size they reject/eject it as pseudofeces.

[quote author=Apon link=topic=3137.msg34379#msg34379 date=1203471757]
I wonder if changing out the Co2 and carbon has anything to do with it? but I have doen this before without any changes in my clams.
[/quote]

Apon have you check your alk ?

Back