Jestersix

South Bay Tank Tour!!

goldielocke76

Supporting Member
Calling all BAR forum members!!! :D

It's that time of the year again, the time to start planning a tank tour (or two)! I am heading up the South Bay tank tour that will end at Neptune Aquatics, however I need YOUR help! ^.^

I need tank tour volunteers! Who would like to help out?? I am volunteering myself and Denzil (he really has no choice, just like I do not have a choice when he puts my name up for stuff! ;)) LOL. However, I still need more volunteers from the following cities:

1. Cupertino
2. Sunnyvale
3. Santa Clara
4. San Jose
5. Milpitas

If you all could post up your name and city, it would be much appreciated! LoL, don't make me come and hunt you all down. ;) Haha, just kidding!

Please and thank you, and I am really excited about this, can't you tell?? Means we all better bring our cameras! :D

aqua-escaping said:
Sorry but this a newbie question. What exactly is the tank tour? Are these quickly meets at the volunteer's house or business?

We meet up and invade members' homes en masse (with their blessings of course) to ogle at the inhabitants and hardware - sometimes we even get to see their tanks! ;) What I love about tank tours is you can learn so much about someone by seeing their tank. Good times!

goldielocke76 said:
Calling all BAR forum members!!! :D

It's that time of the year again, the time to start planning a tank tour (or two)! I am heading up the South Bay tank tour that will end at Neptune Aquatics, however I need YOUR help! ^.^

I need tank tour volunteers! Who would like to help out?? I am volunteering myself and Denzil (he really has no choice, just like I do not have a choice when he puts my name up for stuff! ;)) LOL. However, I still need more volunteers from the following cities:

1. Cupertino
2. Sunnyvale
3. Santa Clara
4. San Jose
5. Milpitas

If you all could post up your name and city, it would be much appreciated! LoL, don't make me come and hunt you all down. ;) Haha, just kidding!

Please and thank you, and I am really excited about this, can't you tell?? Means we all better bring our cameras! :D

This sound like fun, I may be interested in volunteering in San Jose (I would like to get to know everyone as I am new to the forum and I would like to hear your comments) but my tank is not just ready at the moment but it should be in the near future so it maters when is this going to happen. Is there a set date?

Thanks
Becho

Just the planning stage and it has come to my attention that maybe not every one knows what a "tank tour" is. Well..

A tank tour is where a person volunteers (like Denzil or myself) and we invite you guys over so you can look at our tanks, live stock, setup, etc. So yes, there will be other BAR members in your house, checking out your tank setup, asking you questions, etc. :) Then after we stop by and say hi, look around, we then leave to the next person's house, and steps 1 and 2 repeat. After a series of tank tour stops in the South Bay, we will all meet up at Neptune's to hang out, talk with Robert, and look at all the cool stuff we wish we had money to buy, etc etc. ;)

So far, it looks like I may have only 3 volunteers for the South Bay tank tour: Denzil, myself and maybe Xulio (I still need to confirm with him). Come on now, I still need several more people!! Don't make me have Denzil do a SQL search for all of you who live in the SB so I can PM you and ask! :D LoL, jkjk. ^.^ Seriously though, more volunteers for this tank tour, would be AWESOME!!!

PM me!

Those people on the fence about opening up their homes I would push to do it. Having participated in a fair number of SF/Peninsula tours its usually pretty awesome to get other people to check out your stuff, even if you don't feel that your tank is particularly noteworthy (you are your worst critic). Great to meet new people, perhaps members you never knew were members, all around good times.

Here is a link for those in the South bay thinking about doing a tank tour. It shows how a tank could be put together. I have organized done quite a few of these in the SF area, and will be doing one later on in ther year, but this thread is for a South bay tour. I hope this helps.

http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/13680

Sweet! Another one! To help generate additional interest, we'll throw in a 20% live stock discount to all participating tour members on that day. So get packing! LOL

robert4025 said:
Sweet! Another one! To help generate additional interest, we'll throw in a 20% live stock discount to all participating tour members on that day. So get packing! LOL
Awesome. C'mon folks, let's make this happen!

Back