High Tide Aquatics

Steinhart opens on the 27th!

Thales

Past President
I know you all know, just thought I would pimp it.

I was there last night for a friends and family event. Super freaking cool. Its really coming together. The reef is new, so I don't know how impressive you'll find it right away, but the potential is simply awesome.

I think its one of the best aquariums I have ever seen, but I am biased!

Can't wait to see you all there!

RR

I walked by today, they apparently were having tours as well, tried to look for a particular redheaded guy that was like 6'11" to get me in, but I didn't see him ;) Anyways looks to be coming together nicely, and that's just from what I can see from the gates.

I can't imagine going on opening day though, freaking madhouse! Hell today I parked really close to 19th Ave where it enters the park at 10am! Although Matt did mention it being free that first day, madhouse squared?

Don't know! Most of my time is spent at Howard street right now, but maybe. What time is your walk through? I think we are moving the rest of the fish from the big tank to the PCR this week, but not sure which days.

We will be there early I know not to get too excited about the place seeing that it was just completed, it would be like looking at a pregnant woman expecting to play with the kid right away.

Nah, its pretty damn exciting!

I will be there on the 27th, but it is unclear just what I will actually be doing that day. :D

Yay! I for one am very excited. My parents are coming to visit soon. I'm planning to take them and my brother when they do. I dunno if I can hold out that long, though. :D

I know what you mean, membership that allows me to go any day I want, but I'll want to hold off going due to the crowds.

Either way, wouldn't it be good if..... people from the club took pictures of the tank and kept a quasi-photo diary of the tank's growth progress? The damn thing is so big it's not like you can get a "full tank shot" and make it look impressive, however multiple people, different cameras, probably could throw something together over the next decade or so just to see how it works out.

image001_155.jpg

Well if looking at that picture is any indication I think they were wise to stop stocking of fish.

Isn't that how it works in the reefs of the world? More corals = more fish? So as that tank matures and gets more "hiding spots" then it should have more fish.

Yep.

5 Nautilus and one female GPO. Cephs for the future...we'll see.

I spent most of the day at the park today. Holy camoly, its cool over there.

I had a great time there on Sunday for one of the preview days. The reef exhibit was fantastic - I think it'll take many years for the large tank to look full of corals like one of our hobby tanks, but when it does...Wow! I especially liked the fact that there are clams viewable from the top. You will all have a great time. The other exhibits are spectacular too (some are unchanged from the old days, but it's a pleasant familiarity - like seeing an old friend again).

I think you'll be amazed at how quickly it will grow out ;) Atlantis looked nearly grown in after only just a year :D

My boys will love this place. They like MBA and this is 100 times better... When do you guys think thing will slowdown a bit after the opening? I hate crowded places.

Back