Reef nutrition

Two Part

2 months later using Leslies Soda Ash (Alk) and Hardness Plus (Ca) and all is good. I haven't tested recently (new test kits ordered last night) but corals seem generally happy.

On that note, I'll be shifting to a 40g where dosing with a 1oz/pump dispenser is going to be annoying. Does anyone know of a source (without ordering online since likely cheap$) for the bigger pump dispensers like the ones sold at 2partsolutions/bulkreefsupply?

lol. I have plastic beakers but dosing out of a big pump bottle is easier then screwing off a cap, pouring into a container and recapping the stock solution. Sure, we are talking about 30sec vs 1minute to dose, but those 30sec are valuable to a lazy person!

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3103.msg41257#msg41257 date=1208809439]
lol. I have plastic beakers but dosing out of a big pump bottle is easier then screwing off a cap, pouring into a container and recapping the stock solution. Sure, we are talking about 30sec vs 1minute to dose, but those 30sec are valuable to a lazy person!
[/quote]

Go to the camping store and buy some water containers, the collapsable ones, they have nice open/shut nozzles and carry a gallon or two! Easy Peasy! OR wash out one of those big laundry detergent containers, the ones made to sit sideways and have handy dispensing faucets!

Yes, another thread brought back from the dead because I just went to Costco and bought 12 lbs of Baking soda for $6 and 4 lbs of "Hardness" from Leslie's for $11.

I'm just looking to boost levels to "desired" (probably 420 CA and 9 dkh) from my current (360 CA, 7 dkh) and then letting my CA reactor & kalkwasser mixer do the rest to maintain levels.

Wooooo woooo! <- the sound of a zombie thread.

V

Back