High Tide Aquatics

Vincent's 1st Big Tank

2ef6e0f154eb1f7492adcf343373411f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job on the aquascape Vince. While I don't have much faith in your anemone staying put, I think you did a damn fine job not making things too tall because corals are supposed to go in that unused top portion!

The rockscape has a nice flow, nice clearance for fish to swim underneath and a natural looking distribution. Nice work!

Started adding sand. Washing a 120lb of sand takes a loooooooong time!

In the meantime, took some pictures just to document what's in the other tanks currently.

1 of my Jawbreakers. Got this one from fellow BAR member.

b3c170c71f0b2bc2822376f9778dff3c.jpg

So I finished putting in sand yesterday. I put in about 130lbs of sand and my sand bed is just shy of 3".

I also purchased the 1st of my cuc as I'm getting diatoms and some green algae already.

Some scalet hermits, astreas, turbos, black trochus, margaritas, emeralds and 2 fighting conchs.

Together with the cuc I also bought a quad of purple queen (tuka) anthias, a pair of fathead anthias and a tomini tang. All are in TTM after a formalin dip last night. Lost 1 tuka last night (I was expecting that as it looked bad at the shop but I had to buy all 4 as they are priced that way though I got a discount because I pointed out the sick fish) and another this morning.

Hoping the others come through.

Back