got ethical husbandry?

Yet another cube, small cube thing in progress.

Is the small things that take time.
Is the small things that count a lot.

Thanks to @Coral reefer , got a controller from him; replaced the LCD and now I'm able to program/control the lights.

20180921_163905.jpg

20180921_163900_HDR.jpg

Gonna check if the controller has a battery for memory settings; today I plugged it in and showed the year 2060; man I felt young!!

Are you growing chaeto Mario?

I'm growing gray hair like crazy; small details take quite a lot of time.

Picked up some chaeto from Ryan on RC; it has some small chunks of red gracilaria, my guess.
Also had a small piece of caulerpa growing attached to a power head in the holding bin.
Running a small grow bulb over the fuge section; it was from a decommissioned DSA few months back; half the LED's are out; guessing they are in series and one or two died; just a small jumper might solve that issue and I might as well tackle that while I have the soldering iron out.

Working on a light hanging rig; went to buy the screws posted on AI page 10/32 no longer than one inch; guess what, the 1" is short.
On the positive side, I have couple, maybe more "hanging kits" and one will do.

20180922_183954.jpg

20180922_183931.jpg

So that little bug that bites and tells you to finish things, don’t leave them for another time...
DBS that’s just a short walk away didn’t have SS screws, the ones I got were too short... went to Lowe’s; the size I needed, 10-32 1.t” not available in SS. Darn it!
Just to put the hanging fixture together, went for regular screws, they will rust but I’ll look for the correct size with less stress.
Final product ready for late tomorrow afternoon since I have a job to work on.
I might paint the plastic of the lights gloss white; Krylon Fusion or Painter’s Touch that bonds to plastic. One of the units is yellowed in and out, guessing from the heat or just age. Who remembers the old computers that the case was white and somehow with time, ended up being beige?
Still have to attach couple rails across but the DIY I can say it’s done.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks nice Mario.

Too bad it wasn't 8-32 screws, I got lots of 1" and 1.5" in stainless of those. I would buy in "bulk" (i.e. more than 4 in a package like HD/Lowes) for fairly low pricing (since it's not local), and just stash them away for when I need them.

I’ll check and see if I have any. I tend to use M5 stainless screws but I know I bought 10-32 and 10-24 taps so it makes me think I may have some. I’m surprised that the AI fixture doesn’t ask for a metric screw (like an M5).

I was thinking the same with being metric but they would barely go in and stop turning so I googled and found those are 10/32. With more time I’ll go to something and something on Bryant St. they specialize in fasteners.

First coral is in. Red monti cap from a friend; it was liising color due to being at the bottom of his tank, a but away from the light. Had it in the holding bin for a few weeks and recovered under T5 lights nicely.
I removed manually some snails from the underside; the pesky ones that make a tube-shell (I'll remember the name).
Since I spotted Sebastian and Shelly (yeah, my child name the hermits) wandering around the rocks like lookibg for food, I picked them up and place them on the monti right by a small spot of algae and they went for it.

20180923_155022_HDR.jpg

Back