Neptune Aquatics

Elos 120 (liter)

Update pics. Thanks a hundred times over for the great donations! This club is the BEST!
JARsSandollarmonti.jpg

micromusa.jpg

iconschalice.jpg

Litho.jpg

GitmosYuma.jpg

Orangecrush.jpg

JARssomezoas.jpg

Chalice.jpg

Welsi.jpg

MoreYAMerlettis.jpg

JARsblueorgasms.jpg

Blastomusa.jpg

Supermanshrooms1.jpg

MikesMerlettis2.jpg

satosa.jpg

MikesMerlettis1.jpg

JARsNucs.jpg

Mike's merletti donations really have come alive. Even the mini-frag with three heads is puffing up like crazy. Now if I can just stop overfeeding!!!!
Thanks for the kudos.

Random update pictures. The short version: I moved my 7 strip Reef Brite DYI fixture UP 5 full inches. I was suspicious when some nice zoas refuse to color up and bleached out instead. Other coral has bleached out including all my branching SPS. Now, the color and health of the reef has noticeably improved. The following images show montis that I had almost given up on coming back in full swing. You'll see great poly extension and form as well. A couple images are pretty out of focus but most are OK for viewing full size. The snorkel Panasonic camera continues to perform just fine. It's primitive macro mode catches some surprisingly close shots. The trick is holding my 60 year old hands real steady while submerged in the tank.
P1010942.jpg

P1010944.jpg

P1010945.jpg

P1010946.jpg

P1010947.jpg

P1010948.jpg

P1010950.jpg

P1010954.jpg

P1010955.jpg

P1010959.jpg

P1010961.jpg

P1010964.jpg

P1010968.jpg

P1010980.jpg

Regarding P1010961.jpg image. Is it just the photo or do these two blasto frags look to be exactly the same species and morph? I swear they look like different morphs and possibly species in my tank despite being right next to each other.

I'd say they are happy and healthy twins. The very small 3 head frag, however, appears quite different. My LED's lighten the color from what I've seen under conventional lighting.

Hi everyone. My landlord has evicted my seasoned Elos tank from the condo. Please stay tuned to the BOD for upcoming livestock and hardware. My plan is to donate everything to the club. The BOD staff is assisting me in the immediate tear down. The tanks is several years old and the coral is mature and showcase.

BTW, I'm working for Apple for the time being since my job at Tesla "ran out" last April. I've been keeping a pretty low profile all this year. Best to everyone, keep reefing and take good care of your animals!

Dig that super nova psammacora!
Hi Erin,

Well, I'm hoping to find new homes for "everything" by the end of the weekend. Joel and Bill came by last night and took custody of several of the older mother colonies. Denzil may be interested in the equipment. I love BAR and have greatly endorsed it's foundation and members over several years. I've learned more by mistake being a BAR member than I ever did "on purpose" as an independent hobbyist. Please stay in touch and I'll post updates to the project. If Denzil decides he'd like my hardware, he may want the live rock as well. Visits to my condo in San Carlos are welcomed as I gather this livestock and hardware up for redistribution. Thanks for your kind reply!

John

Back