High Tide Aquatics

What did you get at the regional swap?

I am betting that they were the red planaria from a frag from anathema? If so those are not coral eaters. Definitely not the same as aefw acro eating flat worms.

Okay too be more specific on the 100+ flat worms. It has been identified as Convolutrioba retrogemma. These flat worm actually keeps adequate light from reaching the coral in great numbers thereby "starving" the coral. It's believe that this flatworm also consumes the resident zooxanthella on the coral surface. In any case, it's a nightmare to see all these worms all over your prize corals.

Yep, sorry about the red planaria.

I always forget they exist. Selective blinders.

I got:

An oregon tort frag
Blue stag
Spainbow?
Purple cyphastrea
Red cyphastrea
And red plating monti

I've been looking for a blue tort for a long time, hopefully it does well.

Purple and Green tip frogspawn
Neon Hammer
Jack O Lantern
Red Planet

I also got an utter chaos zoa which I accidentally tossed [emoji37] after dipping because it was so small and was in a tiny rubble of rock. I thought it was a rock that had broken off one of the other frags. Still hate myself for that blunder agh! Anyone have an utter chaos zoa they can donate to this dumb dumb? [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Most people call them red planaria. They usually don't get to plague proportions where they can drown out your corals. Good thing you dipped it. Should keep them out of your tank. They really aren't that harmful.
And the upside is flatworm exit kills them in tank. Or if you had it on hand just add it to your dip regimen, only 5 drops needed per gallon of water.

Purple and Green tip frogspawn
Neon Hammer
Jack O Lantern
Red Planet

I also got an utter chaos zoa which I accidentally tossed [emoji37] after dipping because it was so small and was in a tiny rubble of rock. I thought it was a rock that had broken off one of the other frags. Still hate myself for that blunder agh! Anyone have an utter chaos zoa they can donate to this dumb dumb? [emoji853]

oh man that sucks. i picked up a frag myself, utter chaos was the one thing i was going for at the swap

oh man that sucks. i picked up a frag myself, utter chaos was the one thing i was going for at the swap

Yeah, I had no idea what an utter chaos zoa looked like but I picked it up for the 3rd round because the name sounded cool. After I had realized that I accidentally tossed it, went online to look it up and it broke my reefer heart [emoji174]. I may have to just purchase it online just so I can forgive myself.

I got my first Bam Bam thanks to Legendary Coral

zoa_BamBam.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I had no idea what an utter chaos zoa looked like but I picked it up for the 3rd round because the name sounded cool. After I had realized that I accidentally tossed it, went online to look it up and it broke my reefer heart [emoji174]. I may have to just purchase it online just so I can forgive myself.

I'll get you a replacement if you want located in Livermore just message me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, sorry about the red planaria.

I always forget they exist. Selective blinders.

I got:

An oregon tort frag
Blue stag
Spainbow?
Purple cyphastrea
Red cyphastrea
And red plating monti

I've been looking for a blue tort for a long time, hopefully it does well.
Ah, you were the one that got the Oregon tort.

I have to ask what happened on the last round of picks? As we entered we were instructed to take only ONE coral. As I was looking at a coral, a guy with a tub was loading up with everything he could get his hands on (how rude!!) then everyone grabbed all they could. Did I miss something?

I have to ask what happened on the last round of picks? As we entered we were instructed to take only ONE coral. As I was looking at a coral, a guy with a tub was loading up with everything he could get his hands on (how rude!!) then everyone grabbed all they could. Did I miss something?

The last round is always an open round. Grab whatever's left if you NEED it and will use it. There was a little confusion as it was announced as a free-for-all as usual, but then someone at the door was saying just one.

I told people they could take more than one but the door monitors were telling people to take just one. I think next time I'll tell people they have to take one at a time and bring it back to their seat and then go back for the next one.

I told people they could take more than one but the door monitors were telling people to take just one. I think next time I'll tell people they have to take one at a time and bring it back to their seat and then go back for the next one.
Perhaps cut the time down on the rounds as we go - speed rounds?

Most people call them red planaria. They usually don't get to plague proportions where they can drown out your corals. Good thing you dipped it. Should keep them out of your tank. They really aren't that harmful.
I concur since I think the bugs under discussion were acoel planaria, the less harmful kind. They can have population explosions if your nutrients are high but a dip should eradicate them since they don't lay eggs that could stay on the plug (they divide). Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Back