Kessil

Rygh's 250 gallon - rev.2

Disconnected CO2 scrubber.

The problem: I keep getting an F8 (low air intake) error message on my skimmer.
And I did notice a slight reduction in skimmer quality.

I can probably fix it if I want. It was originally set up with air going through both CO2 canisters in series.
I can change that to go through in parallel, so half the flow in each.
But it is a debate.
It did not make a big difference in PH. It made no noticeable difference in Coral.
And it is yet more equipment to maintain and deal with.
Plus the expense of the media is not trivial.

I may just run an air line outside, using 3/4 pipe. I already have several water lines.

New lights are nearing completion!
The left side is done and installed. Checking it out for a bit, then finishing the right.
So far, I really like them.
Good color.
The extra UV has some nice "pop"
The shimmer is what I like. Visible enough to slightly notice, but not crazy like a single Halide.
Each side uses 6 x AI Prime HD

IMG_1964.JPG

So no lumina 5.2's?
Nope. Well, except for the sump.
Simply too much hassle, for basically the same thing.

Although one electronic tweak:
I plan to use my old high efficiency power supply from previous lights.
I will end up with 12 of these power supplies that come with them.
One came non-functional. Easy return/replace, but looking into the brand .... cheap.
So one large supply should be better and more power efficient.

That looks like some great coverage. Does it still have some good shimmer? I’m a fan of shimmer.
It has moderate shimmer. Very noticeable if you look for it, but not particularly obvious if you don't.
Better than from a distributed bank of LEDs. And better than my DIY LEDs.
But far from the bright shimmer of MH. I don't like MH shimmer though.

That is a crap ton of AI primes! Can you control them independently? Might be neat to do a moving Sun effect over the tank. Of course if you're not around it through a good part of the day, yeah just turn on then off :D

That is a crap ton of AI primes! Can you control them independently? Might be neat to do a moving Sun effect over the tank. Of course if you're not around it through a good part of the day, yeah just turn on then off :D
It is an American crap ton, not a metric one though... :)

You can do independent on each, yes. No need for any more hardware. Each light can do Wifi or some sort of local (bluetooth?) to the master.
Right now I just have two masters. Left + Right.
Probably just keep it simple for now.

What are the primes sitting on? Thick acrylic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Basically sitting on a 1/4 acrylic sheet. I made a box over the top.
Helps protect house from moisture, plus keeps jumping fish in.
There are small wood brackets to keep the lights from moving around.

FYI on the lights:
Love the LED themselves. Color/control/etc.
Quality control is pretty poor. Out of 12 lights, I had to replace 2 immediately. One had a dead power supply, one would not boot.
Fans are quiet if you have 1, but when you have 12, it adds up.

That's good that they come controllable out of the box via wifi, keep up with the 21st century. not sure if Radions do that now, but I remember when they first came out in true EcoTech form they came out with the product, then put all the controlling add-ons later

That's good that they come controllable out of the box via wifi, keep up with the 21st century. not sure if Radions do that now, but I remember when they first came out in true EcoTech form they came out with the product, then put all the controlling add-ons later
On the other hand, if you do not have a cell phone or laptop, they cannot be programmed.
Normal wired desktop or no computer ... you are screwed.

On the other hand, if you do not have a cell phone or laptop, they cannot be programmed.
Normal wired desktop or no computer ... you are screwed.
Well if you're that old "get off my lawn" curmudgeon who doesn't have either, I'm sure you know someone who can help you out by coming over for an afternoon and programming your lights

Results from ICP analysis were quite good. Very Happy. :)
FYI:
I use standard Instant Ocean salt, with auto-water-exchange.
I add Magnesium to RODI in barrel before mixing salt.
I otherwise only dose Alk and Ca.
I run carbon and GFO, but not that much.

icp1.jpeg icp2.jpeg

Back