Jestersix

Coral Farmer's Market Sign-Up Thread (And idea spit-balling.)

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
Let's get this thing organized. First the important stuff:

The event is Saturday, February 11th from 11-5. Let's see if we can get 6 Volunteers to each man the both for one hour. If you can do this please post which shift you'd like to sign up for and alternates.

I will commit to getting a banner and making flyers to hand out. If you have ideas for flyer design PM me with them. I'll get the booth set-up, take it down and man one mid to late afternoon shift.

Now -- how can we make this the most productive for the club? Well we are there to get sign-ups and maybe to raise some extra cash via raffles. A few ways to drive membership is to encourage sign-ups by sweetening the deal and making sure it gets done at the event and not some vague promise of later. While we can't sell frags I'll bet we can "raffle" frags or equipment off with the caveat that entry for the raffleis free with a BAR Membership.

If we can do that I'll donate a nice frag or two and maybe our event coordinator can get a hold of Kessil or other sponsors and get us one nice item.

If we also want to raise a few bucks we can expand the raffle with more donations. If it's going to be frags we might need a small portable tank.

What other ideas ya got? And sign up below!

We will have to run these ideas by the person in charge of the event, but I like the ideas. We have at least one club frag tank, I think 2, so no worries there.
Thank you for posting this Bruce, and offering to setup and break down. And banner/flyers. That is all huge! Hopefully at least one person can help with each end of that to make it easier with parking and hauling and everything.
@Apon had volunteered to be the BAR representative for this event and should hopefully be able to coordinate with Steve or whoever is in charge of the event itself on the clubs behalf.
Let's get @Corallus to investigate the possibility of getting a sponsor item or two for donation (if we can get it approved) and hopefully we can sell some BAR tshirts as well.

Kimmie Clownfish Factory will donate a pair of clowns to BAR for the raffle. The raffle is not a big money maker. So I would not recommend purchasing or raffling anything off that would earn the club money in a more raffle friendly and money time.

Kimmie Clownfish Factory will donate a pair of clowns to BAR for the raffle. The raffle is not a big money maker. So I would not recommend purchasing or raffling anything off that would earn the club money in a more raffle friendly and money time.

Woohoo! Now we're talking! Please get me any info you'd like put on the flyer including art or logs so people can contact you to buy more. :)

@jepoy might be a good source for making up a flyer. He’s done it in the past for the club. He’ll just need the info for it.

I’ll do a shift at the booth. I’m not too concerned about which time so if other people need a particular slot then I can fill in where needed.

Steve has said previously that sales of coral or equipment is not allowed unless we want to pay for an actual vendor booth, but we can raffle off our frags or anything else for the club. I think it’s a great idea to give raffle tickets for signups.

@jepoy might be a good source for making up a flyer. He’s done it in the past for the club. He’ll just need the info for it.

I’ll do a shift at the booth. I’m not too concerned about which time so if other people need a particular slot then I can fill in where needed.

Steve has said previously that sales of coral or equipment is not allowed unless we want to pay for an actual vendor booth, but we can raffle off our frags or anything else for the club. I think it’s a great idea to give raffle tickets for signups.

I’ll gladly make the flyer! All I’ll need is the info that goes on it, logos if there are any you want included, and maybe some high res coral photos. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So far we have the following volunteers to man the booth:
Bruce Spiegelman
Wlachnit
Flagg37

I'd like to get a minimum of three more and perhaps an alternate or two if someone drops out.

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for starting the thread on help. I am still waiting on Steve or who ever is in charge of the CFM setup and rules. Please hold off on getting anything till I hear back.

For the Volunteers - Do you think 2 hour shifts would be good enough? Maybe ask people what times are good for them.

Arnold

I did ask about times and so far the respondents have all said they'll take any. I'd prefer to do one hour shifts if possible, but if that doesn't happen we will expand the time we're asking for.

Also if you could expedite the conversation with Steve that would be great. We're just over a month out now and if we can do certain things I'd love to have more time to plan and get stuff together.

email was sent...waiting on hearing back. ok 1 hour is fine. I would be there for setup if needed on friday night ( I work in the area) but live in SF so probably prefer a later shift on Sat. I think if could sell some stuff or coral donated from members that would be cool and need setup. But let me confirm. Thanks

email was sent...waiting on hearing back. ok 1 hour is fine. I would be there for setup if needed on friday night ( I work in the area) but live in SF so probably prefer a later shift on Sat. I think if could sell some stuff or coral donated from members that would be cool and need setup. But let me confirm. Thanks

Not as worried about selling coral as being able to do raffles using corals and other stuff to drive membership. No actual cash changing hands for the items -- only for a membership.

I don’t know yet if I will have that day off. If I do I’m happy to man the booth for an hour. So I’m a maybe :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Fairly new to the club, so I am not entirely aware of responsibilities at the booth. Hence I feel a bit unequipped. But I am totally up to man the booth preferably with someone.

Fairly new to the club, so I am not entirely aware of responsibilities at the booth. Hence I feel a bit unequipped. But I am totally up to man the booth preferably with someone.
It’s pretty low key. You just talk about how great our club is and let people know how to become members.

Back