Neptune Aquatics

Coral Farmer's Market Sign-Up Thread (And idea spit-balling.)

Peter and I could donate a couple of frags. Perhaps if a lot of people donated a frag or 2, we could give a free frag (or t-shirt) to people that sign up/pay to be supporting members - first come gets best choice.
Cheers!

Here's where things stand:

1) Apon has spoken to Steve at the Coral Market and we have clarity on what we can do. We can sell any hard goods (glue, shirts, anything else that we want.) We can't sell corals. We can raffle 12-15 items off and can use a raffle to drive membership sign-ups.
2) Jepoy will handle flyers. I'll interface with him on these. Do we have a pic or mock-up of anything we've used in the past?
3) We have commitments for raffle items from Kimmie's Clowns and frags from Fish Doctor. Working on other stuff now.
4) Banner is in-progress.

We have five commitments so far for manning the booth. We need 3-5 more if possible.)
Bruce Spiegelman
Flagg 37
Wlachnit
Ranjib Dey
Hermit

Peter and I could donate a couple of frags. Perhaps if a lot of people donated a frag or 2, we could give a free frag (or t-shirt) to people that sign up/pay to be supporting members - first come gets best choice.
Cheers!

I'm working on doing this a slightly different way. Thinking two frag packs in a raffle for people that sign up that day. An SPS pack and an LPS pack. If this is what we decide to do 'll start off the SPS pack with some nice Oregon Tort, WWC Slimeball and Bubblegum Digitata frags. I'm sure between the rest of us we can come up with 5-7 other named pieces in order to have a kick-ass pack. We'll do the same with an LPS pack. The key to motivate people to plunk down the cash right then and there and take the time to do it is a valuable "wow" pack to catch their eye.

However, maybe we should combine the two ideas. Have the Kick-ass pack for a raffle and also have one free frag per sign up of "lesser" frags. It will make for a full display and this way every new member gets something for sure.

I'm working on doing this a slightly different way. Thinking two frag packs in a raffle for people that sign up that day. An SPS pack and an LPS pack. If this is what we decide to do 'll start off the SPS pack with some nice Oregon Tort, WWC Slimeball and Bubblegum Digitata frags. I'm sure between the rest of us we can come up with 5-7 other named pieces in order to have a kick-ass pack. We'll do the same with an LPS pack. The key to motivate people to plunk down the cash right then and there and take the time to do it is a valuable "wow" pack to catch their eye.

However, maybe we should combine the two ideas. Have the Kick-ass pack for a raffle and also have one free frag per sign up of "lesser" frags. It will make for a full display and this way every new member gets something for sure.
Man, I should have waited to renew my membership until the cfm so I could get entered in. I like the hybrid idea if there’s enough. I’ve got a whole bunch of Mohawks I could donate.

I’ll gladly make the flyer! All I’ll need is the info that goes on it, logos if there are any you want included, and maybe some high res coral photos. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can you make a banner for the BAR page too? Then I can replace the potluck thread at the top of the forum. Thanks!

Can you make a banner for the BAR page too? Then I can replace the potluck thread at the top of the forum. Thanks!

Absolutely! Other than the who, what, when, and where.. is there is anything else that you want me to put on the flyer? I’ll try to have it done by tomorrow morning.

Absolutely! Other than the who, what, when, and where.. is there is anything else that you want me to put on the flyer? I’ll try to have it done by tomorrow morning.

Maybe a little description of what to expect at one of these events for the newbies like me who have never been to one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is going to be awesome :) . I can donate a few sps (orange digi, green pocilioroira, no-name tenius, purple stylophora, red capricornis etc) , some softies (grandis, gsp)

Not sure if/how I can help ... I am bringing my wife to the market on the day so can't really help to man the booth, but if there is anything I can bring or help with in another way LMK

SILICON-VALLEY-FARMERS-MARKET.jpg

Thoughts? Corrections? Additions? Violent reactions?

One crazy club idea I had was to charter a bus to Reefapalooza in Anaheim this Oct. Does it make sense to have an email sign up sheet for anyone interested in this, whether club members or not, to gauge the interest level? Maybe a column for “prefer day-trip 8am-8pm” or “prefer overnight trip Sat-Sun”? I don’t think we’d get enough folks on board just within the club.

I am down. It will be awesome if we can make it family friendly, would love to bring my wife and kid , along :), if feasible of course. There can be logistical issues that I may not be aware of.

One crazy club idea I had was to charter a bus to Reefapalooza in Anaheim this Oct. Does it make sense to have an email sign up sheet for anyone interested in this, whether club members or not, to gauge the interest level? Maybe a column for “prefer day-trip 8am-8pm” or “prefer overnight trip Sat-Sun”? I don’t think we’d get enough folks on board just within the club.

There's no way you could make it a day trip with 5-6 hours each leg of the trip. Great idea though, I proposed something similar years ago, but via Reef Nutrition.

Oh yea I forgot how long it takes to drive to LA if you drive normal speeds. So it would be an overnight trip and we could attend most of Sat and all of Sun.

Back