Cali Kid Corals

2020 SF Tank Tour?

So how many folks attending - If I am free I would like to come. Holding off showing as I promised to wait for SFSUphysics to be ready as well. Its only been like 5 years? :p and my place is a mess currently

Hey can we get a schedule with addresses of each stop in order? I have a weird day that I’m trying to schedule this around so I may miss the first 2 and catch up at the 3rd

I'll have zoa frags (oxides and purple monsters) as DBTC's for those who come by and are interested (first picks go to those who bring their own containers ;)). Looking forward to seeing other SF tanks!
I would be interested in some: oxides zoas :D, They look cool.

Also you guy's can come see my tank if you want, but is not that well developed, I live in Parkmerced San Francisco. My tank is still in the beginning phase. I can also use my car for carpooling if need is a smaller car can take 3 other ppl. 4 more would fit as well but it might be a little jammed. Also there is parking in the market area by my place or on the street.

This was posted earlier.

We will start at 9:30am at Jess's place @treylane in San Mateo.
We will then visit:
@wfong (Mr. Fong) 11:00am light refreshments
@bluprntguy (Philip) 12:00pm potluck, bring a small dish, snack, whatever
@Corallus (Rolf) 1:30pm
@Coral reefer (Mike) 2:30pm

Times are tentative depending on traffic and how long we stay at each location but I want to try to make this schedule happen. I encourage carpooling. I can take 4 people if you come to my place. I dont think we will have too much trouble finding parking at any other these places except Rolf's. There is plenty of free parking in my area. I will pm everyone that rsvp'd or expressed interest here with Jess's address. If you cannot make Jess's place first but want to join the tour, PM me which location you will be at and I will provide the address for meet up. I will also try to let you know the time we will be there.

I would be interested in some: oxides zoas :D, They look cool.

Also you guy's can come see my tank if you want, but is not that well developed, I live in Parkmerced San Francisco. My tank is still in the beginning phase. I can also use my car for carpooling if need is a smaller car can take 3 other ppl. 4 more would fit as well but it might be a little jammed. Also there is parking in the market area by my place or on the street.
Alex, it's too late to show your tank because I have already planned out the day. Maybe next SF tank tour? Do you plan to join the tour and see the other's tanks?

This was posted earlier.

We will start at 9:30am at Jess's place @treylane in San Mateo.
We will then visit:
@wfong (Mr. Fong) 11:00am light refreshments
@bluprntguy (Philip) 12:00pm potluck, bring a small dish, snack, whatever
@Corallus (Rolf) 1:30pm
@Coral reefer (Mike) 2:30pm

Times are tentative depending on traffic and how long we stay at each location but I want to try to make this schedule happen. I encourage carpooling. I can take 4 people if you come to my place. I dont think we will have too much trouble finding parking at any other these places except Rolf's. There is plenty of free parking in my area. I will pm everyone that rsvp'd or expressed interest here with Jess's address. If you cannot make Jess's place first but want to join the tour, PM me which location you will be at and I will provide the address for meet up. I will also try to let you know the time we will be there.
Thanks! I poked through a couple times but missed it I guess

I wish @Ibn was still around. He took professional pics during previous tank tours. I looked at all the photos I took with my iphone and these are the best I could come up with. All the tanks were absolutely beautiful.

@treylane lovely mixed reef. The variety and size of leather corals were very impressive but the pictures were blurry and the colors from my photos did not show well. You have to see them for yourself. Here is a pic of her gonioporas: hot pink with yellow eyes, gold yellow, and green. I cant wait to see them fill out this area. I'll be spying her leathers in the frag swap. I hope I find a couple!
IMG_1792.jpg

@wfong The 120g SPS dominated tank was full of old growth large colonies of different acropora, birdsnest, montipora, stylophora, cyphastrea. The reef structure was created by dead coral skeletons over the last decade providing lots of pockets for flow to move through the tank as well as safe spots for small invertebrates to populate this tank. Very impressive.
IMG_1809.jpg

@bluprntguy I love the rockscape of this 30 gallon rimless tank. I couldn't capture the rock shelf because of glare from windows. I like how the zoas were growing on the rock; I did not see a single frag plug here. Philip breds his own brine shrimp and feeds his mandarin daily using this hatchery dish. It's so simple; I think it's worth the time to do this for your mandarin. I also used his Icecap Macro lens attachment which really helped to show the true colors of the tank. I will recommend the BOD to purchase a few of these for members to borrow similar to the PAR meter.
IMG_1856.jpg

@Corallus This is the anemone tank. If there is reef rock, I couldn't see any since it's fully covered by softies and anemones. I really want a piece of that centerpiece blue plating sponge.
IMG_1871.jpg

@Corallus Main Mixed reef tank. Rolf's ability to grow clams is something else. That 4 year old derasa showed blue, green, purple, teal, and gold colors. The yuma and ricordea mushrooms are growing together harmoniously. Lots of zoas, chalices, euphyllia.
IMG_1877.jpg

We also visited @Coral reefer but the lights were too blue to capture the right colors from my phone. Mike always has amazing deals for supporting members on his frags. Rolf and I both picked up the same chalice with red, teal, and purple splashes with yellow eyes. Cant wait to get this grown out.

Wilfred and Ellen provided potato poppers with bacon, sour cream, cheese (I think I ate four of these lol); blue berry muffins; cheese; chips; drinks.
Pot luck consisted of Popeyes Fried Chicken and multiple appetizers, dessert, and drinks. Thanks everyone for their hospitality, showing their tanks, and joining the tour.

I had a great time seeing everyone's tank and look forward to the next tank tour.

Nice pics garvin! I would’ve set the lights to white fin knew you were gonna take any pics. I’ll get a full tank shot yo here later. Wanna take one now that the pink picnic table is gone

Nice pics garvin! I would’ve set the lights to white fin knew you were gonna take any pics. I’ll get a full tank shot yo here later. Wanna take one now that the pink picnic table is gone
I’m not going to bother a daddy with his baby girl in his arms lol. Lots of eye candy, fat healthy fish...

Well would have loved to join, some things kept me out, the 49ers playing was an easy enough scapegoat, but got some nasty stomach flu and well no description necessary, but while I was feeling a bit better today the only food I've kept down was 2 cups of jello, 3 grapes, and a cup of yogurt... and that's been over the last 72 hours, so me and the couch became good buddies.

Pictures look fine Garvin... maybe not "This was shot on an iPhone" billboard fine, but good enough for me :D

Back