Cali Kid Corals

2500 gallon Koi pond

JAR said:
rygh said:
Ok - now it looks deep enough.
And how many steel beams do you have under that bridge?
Looks like you can drive a tank over it. :)

Sweet!

I am thinking about getting a new tank!
Not the kind your thinking of though. :D
It's a little more than a 4 foot span. I used pressure treated 4x4s and wrapped them with an aluminum foil type waterproofing membrane. Then I laminated them with some galvanized strut I had laying around. The outside struts are aluminum shower door parts that I salvaged. Essentially it is made from left over stuff I had laying around. :)

medium.jpg

:D

Sure! Tank tour.
I am shooting for water in 4 weeks. After April 1 should be totally a safe bet.
The fresh cement needs to cure 2-3 weeks before I can seal it. Weather permitting sealer needs 3-5 days to install and dry. In the meantime I can clean up the landscaping, rig the pumps and filtration, put in some pond plants and get some fish! That is if I don't have to go to work. :D

JAR said:
It's a little more than a 4 foot span. I used pressure treated 4x4s and wrapped them with an aluminum foil type waterproofing membrane. Then I laminated them with some galvanized strut I had laying around. The outside struts are aluminum shower door parts that I salvaged. Essentially it is made from left over stuff I had laying around. :)

This is Jon's way of doing things

My way of doing things would be "Ummm I got some wood from Home Depot, and I put a shit ton of screws in it... it should hold up fine as long as it doesn't get too wet" :D

sfsuphysics said:
JAR said:

This is Jon's way of doing things

My way of doing things would be "Ummm I got some wood from Home Depot, and I put a shit ton of screws in it... it should hold up fine as long as it doesn't get too wet" :D
Everyone is different!
Me : I like sticky stuff. Prefer duct tape of course, been known to use wood glue, but if it has to be strong : Fiberglass and lots of epoxy.

I know everyone is different, me I'll make it work probably long enough until I get bored with it, Jon will make it work for a lifetime and it'll look good in the process :D

sfsuphysics said:
I know everyone is different, me I'll make it work probably long enough until I get bored with it, Jon will make it work for a lifetime and it'll look good in the process :D

I dunno, I'd be worried the fish would be your neighbors dinner one night :(

BAYMAC said:
sfsuphysics said:

I dunno, I'd be worried the fish would be your neighbors dinner one night :(

Don't worry Gman.
Wait till you see the KOI CAGE I have in mind! :bigsmile:

NO, I mean Mike :) I've never heard about your neighbors, but Mike has posted enough to make me wonder if the guy might "jump the fence" so to speak ;)

I did have an old girlfriend that was lopsided like that. The real question is why do you have such a big fish tank? :D

They don't look lopsided at all in that pic! Looks Great Jon. I think channel cats and crappie instead of Koi would be better. You can get a little fishing in while you're sitting on the porch couch :)

Check out East Bay Koi in Oakland when you're in the area. The owner is a close friend of mine and they specialize in high end koi which they import from Japan themselves. Tell them I sent you.

Back