Kessil

2500 gallon Koi pond

koipond.jpg

wetting down the fresh stucco to cure it.

JAR said:
I hope to keep the raccoons and great blue heron to under $10 per plate.
No high end fish for me.
Thanks though.

They are waiting for your pond to be stocked up
IMG_0978.jpg

This guy was over my pad yesterday. Gotta be 4ft high with an 8ft wing span.

Not ideal to have trees by the pond because they make a mess and can cause diseases from the rotted leaves. But I could not yank out my cherry and maple trees. That is one beautiful cherry tree, though. Just need heavy pruning and get rid of the water sprout branches.

euod said:
Not ideal to have trees by the pond because they make a mess and can cause diseases from the rotted leaves. But I could not yank out my cherry and maple trees. That is one beautiful cherry tree, though. Just need heavy pruning and get rid of the water sprout branches.
I think you need to shade the water to help hold down algae growth. Water lilies are good. What plants are you going to have?

JAR said:
It is going bye bye.
It is right in the middle of the new path.
I will plant two more later.
You HAVE to save the cherry wood for grilling and smoking. It's some of the nicest wood for that.

photo2-1.jpg

Arnold (Apon) floating bags in the pond.
Yesterday we picked up 5 big Koi and a bunch of goldfish from a pond that wash shutting down in Concord.
Thanks Arnold!

sfsuphysics said:
What's the wiring/fencing over the pond for? Help keep the kids from falling in?

Actually, to keep the fish from getting the kids:) and refrain JAR from putting his boat in there to go fishing.

You are welcome JAR, it was a fun day all around. The big Koi were like 2 ft...the little bags were the small fish being put in like 6-10inches. Hope the fish are doing well. Mike the grate is for the Kids, you can actually walk on it since its really strong.

Back