Our mission

Arnold's tank crash - stupid power outage!

:( very sorry to see that type of devastation happen to you. I was holding my breath as i looked at those pictures, so glad to see everyone that posted their support. Hope everything works out for you.

Oh man Arnold!

Having experienced a similar problem myself recently I fully empathize. If I can help in any way, just tell me. I wish you the best of success!

Thanks Jeremy, I post this stuff so hopefully someone may benefit from my disaster. ( FYI your ORA Orchid frag you gave me 2 years bought it on this one, but the birdnest might still make it)

Josh, I don't have a frag tank, but you are welcome to come and take any bleach frags you want - before I toss them.

Matt, I saw your problems too, but I wasn't anywhere near where you live.

Update - I was so depressed last night looking at the tank - I tossed about 30% of the SPS out....the worst looking ones. Maybe when the at MAX's comes around - I will start buying again. At least I would have room.

Phong, I have frags of that hammer in the zero adge at OT. the frog spawn did way better than that hammer. I also have a yellow/orange hammer that did ok, but that one isn't looking good. Funny thing is, I got that from Joe at "Underwater World"? 3 years ago and it started out as 2 heads. Hopefully some of it will pull through. Everyone has at least 1 crash sooner or later, and at leats no one got hurt......looking at the big picture. I appreciate everyone's support. Thanks

Dang Arnold,

Wish I'd known you were tossing pieces. I would have tried to save them. I like bringing "micro" frags back to life. Heck, I still have five of the pea sized ones we clipped for the last BAR swap. Two still haven't colored up, but they are growing. The other are looking real good.

Anyway, let me know what I can do to help.

[quote author=Apon link=topic=5077.msg62867#msg62867 date=1226087585]
Update - I was so depressed last night looking at the tank - I tossed about 30% of the SPS out....the worst looking ones. Maybe when the at MAX's comes around - I will start buying again. At least I would have room.
[/quote]

I'm really sorry to see this happen to your tank, Arnold. I'm pissed I didn't buy that tri-color from you. :'(

If you gonna make it to BAYMAC I can cut a few frags of my corals as DTBC and you can pick it up at the BAYMAC. LMK.

Thanks Perry and Matt. Matt if you are in SF you can try to save whatever is left. I just could bear looking at all the white!

Perry, I didn't toss that one yet..........hoping it will come back, but I know of 5 people that have frags from me, so hopefully all is not lost.

What a horrid situation Arnold. Sorry. Just two weeks ago when I admires your gorgeous tank. I hope this doesn't dampen your spirit too much.

Thanks Robert - I lost that clam I got from you.....I now have room to buy that other one you have : ) after my tank stablizes

Im nauseated. i wouldnt wish that on anyone to go through. let me know if you need to park your stuff in one of my 4 SW tanks. id be glad to rehab them for you.

Well, I tossed out more sps - algae was growing on them so I guess the tissue was dead. Still hopefully on like 3 colonies. I also added 1 SPS frag as a test and its been ok for 3 days now. The hammer coral still looks bad. : (

I am doing 5 gallon water changes daily now, and will continue that for 2 weeks.

I have decided that its too depressing to see at my tank so empty now, for those who have seen it, you know its in the living room. I am going to order a box of corals - all maricultured from Fiji to at least fill in the empty spot, should be ready here by Thanksgiving. Thanks to Ocean Treasures for helping me out.

Again thanks for the support everyone.

Arnold, with BAYMAC coming up, there is a good chance to get some really nice stuff far cheaper than ordering online. Likewise, good chance to just "get" some corals ;)

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=5077.msg63579#msg63579 date=1226460649]
Arnold, with BAYMAC coming up, there is a good chance to get some really nice stuff far cheaper than ordering online. Likewise, good chance to just "get" some corals ;)
[/quote]

Yeah seriously, troll through DBTC, I can't give stuff away, you get the pick of the litter.

Don't worry Tony - the box won't be from online dealer - I am working it out with a sponsor. I will still have lots of room.

Jeremy - you still have any of that birdnest from long ago? I think I traded you a green ric for it?

[quote author=Apon link=topic=5077.msg63681#msg63681 date=1226517612]
Don't worry Tony - the box won't be from online dealer - I am working it out with a sponsor. I will still have lots of room.

Jeremy - you still have any of that birdnest from long ago? I think I traded you a green ric for it?
[/quote]

I can grab you a frag yeah, you coming to the meeting in Dec, or going to BAYMAX(c)?

Back