Our mission

Bonus/ultra coral list member’s swap 2018

New member here, just fragged a large watermelon chalice today. Just wanted to see if it counts for anything. Can’t wait for the swap, will be my first event, other than the coral farmers market. Also bringing some of that green forest psammocora (in the top left) and some seasons greetings & rainbow monti, & birds nest SPS
AE81313C-6B3B-4D18-8192-0EF60FFFD3C2.jpeg

Just a note -- and not sure how to fix this, but a lot of the Ultra Corals are "unbalanced." Many of them are "worth" $400.00 to $1200.00 on the open market and a lot of the others are $60.00-100.00 or even less.

Just a note -- and not sure how to fix this, but a lot of the Ultra Corals are "unbalanced." Many of them are "worth" $400.00 to $1200.00 on the open market and a lot of the others are $60.00-100.00 or even less.

That is adjusted by the size of frag. So really expensive ones qualify with smaller size.

New member here, just fragged a large watermelon chalice today. Just wanted to see if it counts for anything. Can’t wait for the swap, will be my first event, other than the coral farmers market. Also bringing some of that green forest psammocora (in the top left) and some seasons greetings & rainbow monti, & birds nest SPS
View attachment 9178

What's the lineage of this piece?

For instance, a Colorado Sunburst will never be equal to say a 1" Oregon Tort. Just an observation -- not sure it needs to be fixed. Frankly, at least for the members only swap, value is kind of meaningless anyway.

For instance, a Colorado Sunburst will never be equal to say a 1" Oregon Tort. Just an observation -- not sure it needs to be fixed. Frankly, at least for the members only swap, value is kind of meaningless anyway.

No but if u wanna bring a tiny thimble sized CSB, that would qualify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what this thread is for. Adding/removing from the list.

All you gotta do is ask

DPV n CSB are already on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the lineage of this piece?
Sorry, don't know the exact lineage. I got a frag of it from Lucky Goldfish in Oakland about 10 years ago. The owner broke me off a piece out of one of their display tanks when he was closing his store. It is extremely hardy, has made it through both the good and bad times my tank has experienced over the last decade.

Sorry, don't know the exact lineage. I got a frag of it from Lucky Goldfish in Oakland about 10 years ago. The owner broke me off a piece out of one of their display tanks when he was closing his store. It is extremely hardy, has made it through both the good and bad times my tank has experienced over the last decade.
It sounds like a great coral to bring but it won’t count as a bonus coral.

I haven't brought one in a long time, but for one of the old school swaps, I brought 3 different ones: Bazooka Joe, Tyree, and the Jayda's. The Aquascene golden eye was also brought, but that's not really a watermelon type.

I haven't brought one in a long time, but for one of the old school swaps, I brought 3 different ones: Bazooka Joe, Tyree, and the Jayda's. The Aquascene golden eye was also brought, but that's not really a watermelon type.
I don't think anyone else has either unfortunately. I think it should at least be a bonus. Isn't rainbow monti a bonus? I mean come on!

Goldmeister: yes (1"+); bonus
ORA Red Gonio: yes (1"); bonus
WWC redhead: no
WWC gaia: yes @3 heads; bonus
scrambled eggs:no

@tankguy do you have a pic of the purple fusion? Did you buy it directly from CB (is it’s lineage true)?

We took @iCon ’s suggestion and chose to remove the 5 polyp section of zoas. We may choose to bring them back for the regional swap but decided many of those are beginner’s zoas that would still be welcomed to the swap but don’t hold the kind of value that a bonus round coral should have.
Never seen an ora red goniopora in our swaps. Doesn't mean there hasn't been any, I don't think I'll be bringing one though since it's not gonna get me a ticket. Maybe that's selfish, but isn't the point of this list to get more rare stuff into the swap? I'd rather start a dbtc with it instead.

I think a watermelon chalice needs more than green and pink to be a bonus coral - yellow eyes for example. It looks like the coral in question might have this but I can’t tell from the photo.
760141e5d00069755313339dc033f615.jpg

Back