got ethical husbandry?

Bonus/ultra coral list member’s swap 2018

Never seen an ora red goniopora in our swaps. Doesn't mean there hasn't been any, I don't think I'll be bringing one though since it's not gonna get me a ticket. Maybe that's selfish, but isn't the point of this list to get more rare stuff into the swap? I'd rather start a dbtc with it instead.

The ORA red goniopora is on the bonus list. Are you arguing that it should be on the ultra list?

The committee was on the fence about the watermelon chalice. Since it didn’t have a named lineage I was going to leave it off but i have since included it as a bonus coral.

I think a watermelon chalice needs more than green and pink to be a bonus coral - yellow eyes for example. It looks like the coral in question might have this but I can’t tell from the photo.
760141e5d00069755313339dc033f615.jpg
I think thats the same coral. Mine has neon yellow eyes towards the center with neon green eyes out towards the rim.

The ORA red goniopora is on the bonus list. Are you arguing that it should be on the ultra list?

The committee was on the fence about the watermelon chalice. Since it didn’t have a named lineage I was going to leave it off but i have since included it as a bonus coral.
I haven't seen an ora red gpniopora at a swap before. Makes it seem very rare to me. If it's not to you guys that's fine. It isn't worth it to me to put in as a bonus to be honest.

I forgot to mention that only one of each coral will be counted towards the bonus round. You can’t bring 3 frags of 3 polyps of fruit loops and get a ticket. You can still bring them all but only one will count towards the bonus round ticket.

This is from first post of this thread. Is this not accurate?

Sorry if this posted already, but how do you get ultra round tickets? I just see 3 bonus corals for one bonus round ticket, one ultra coral for one bonus round ticket.

I forgot to mention that only one of each coral will be counted towards the bonus round. You can’t bring 3 frags of 3 polyps of fruit loops and get a ticket. You can still bring them all but only one will count towards the bonus round ticket.

This is from first post of this thread. Is this not accurate?

As far I know, you can repeat once per coral. We only worked on the list, this was not brought up in our discussions.

As far I know, you can repeat once per coral. We only worked on the list, this was not brought up in our discussions.
Ok, for the sake of clarity we should reiterate what the rules actually are because I don't want people getting unhappy about it not being "fair". Not sure if @Flagg37 has a different memory of how it has been working or decided to change it?

Did we get confirmation if the Beach Bum Monti counts as an ultra? Thanks.

Nominating for removal as I think people would bring multiples of these for the members swap even if not on the bonus list:

2 inch - Mystic Sunset Monti
2 inch - Season’s Greeting Monti
2 inch - Starburst Monti
2 inch - Sunset Monti
2 inch - Pokerstar Monti

Nominating for addition:
JF Beach Bum Monti
Phoenix Monti
Those other JF yellow/rainbow montis ;)

Tim has a nice list for reference. He posts frequently enough that it seems to be a decent gauge of the market: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2657407

there was one for the regional swap, where ultra tickets gets to go picking first. I can't speak for member swap because i missed out the last one.

Bonus round rules
1 bonus round ticket for 3 bonus frags can be the 3 entry frags. One ticket per 3 bonus frags over the entry
Example: Cali tort, butt muncher, pink boobies

Bonus coral can repeat 2 per ticket entry up to a total of 5 frags of one type.
Example: 3 tickets for
Cali tort, Cali tort, butt muncher 1 ticket
Cali tort, Cali tort, butt muncher 1 ticket
Cali tort, butt muncher, butt muncher 1 ticket

1 bonus round ticket for 1 ultra frag over the 3 entry frags. One ticket for each ultra frags over the entry
3 regular coral 1 jawbreaker equals 1 ticket
3 regular coral 2 jawbreaker equals 2 tickets
Ultra coral no limit on repeats.

Example 1. 3 bonus corals and 1 ultra gets you 2 tickets.
Example 2. 1 ultra and 3 regular gets you 1 ticket.
Example 3. 3 bonus and 2 ultra gets you 3 tickets
Example 4. 2 ultra and 3 regular gets you 2 tickets
Example 5. 6 bonus corals gets you 2 tickets.

Bonus round is first round. Participants can take up to 2 frag for 2 tickets Bonus round 1 is 4 minutes
bonus round 2 will be all those still with tickets and can take 1 frag for each ticket they have left. Bonus round 2 is 3 minutes

Regular rounds begin
First go round can be 3 minutes. One coral. The last group gets 2 corals and the time for each round. (example 3 minutes for the first and 2 for the second for a total of 5 minutes.)
All other rounds are one minute less

Reactions: JVU
Back