Jestersix

Coral reefer’s 360 gal system. 225 display and frag tanks

Positive vibrations to you and the fish
Thank you. It’s needed right now. I planned to fail by failing to plan enough. It was also a matter of life getting in the way. It could’ve been worse, but I definitely could’ve l, and should’ve, done better.
It sucks to suck, but right now I suck...
Long story short and lessons for others, I didn’t give fish enough oxygen during move. Corals all seem fine if not happy even, except the mummy eye that was out of water for hours.

Personally, I like to bag fish with O2 for such a move. Corals are much more tolerant of the stagnant water.
I feel ya...
Good luck with the recovery
Yeah that would have been smart I suppose. Never had to do that before. If I had just taken my time a bit more and been smarter and had the pumps running in the bins I would have been ok.

Perhaps the club could purchase an O2 tank and rig for just such an occasion.
I assure you that fish bagged wit’s O2 and kept at proper temp and in the dark do far better than a bucket or bin with some water movement
the process of catching and bagging is a PITA but the lack of aquarist stress and fish stress is greatly reduced allowing a far less hurried process

I AM NOT harping on Mike, I am just making a statement and a suggestion from experience

again, good luck with the recovery

I assure you that fish bagged wit’s O2 and kept at proper temp and in the dark do far better than a bucket or bin with some water movement
the process of catching and bagging is a PITA but the lack of aquarist stress and fish stress is greatly reduced allowing a far less hurried process

I AM NOT harping on Mike, I am just making a statement and a suggestion from experience

Not a bad idea.

@Coral reefer it’s tough to lose a fish you’ve had so long (and coral beauties are one of my favorite fish that I can’t keep due to liking SPS to have polyps :) ) but don’t be so hard on yourself. Moving such a big tank is difficult and especially in the context of relocation which is already stressful. And when we’re stressed, we get forgetful.

This is a great idea!

Mike, I got a clam reserved for you this week. Are you able to hold it or maybe i can get sfsuphysics to hold it?

Oh man thats pain all around.
Txt me if you need something or if there is anything that I can help you out with..
Thanks. Hopefully the worst is behind me. Got a sump and return pump and skimmer plumbed in today. Gonna work on the lights and the first frag tank tonight. Hopefully at least one more frag tank tomorrow, ideally both. Now I know why so many people have been unable to keep that tenuis. Guess I can be sad, and regretful, but I can also appreciate how well I did with that and the palmers blue for the last two years.
hoping I get the new tank setup before too long and it will be fun to get a fresh start at least.

@Coral reefer it’s tough to lose a fish you’ve had so long (and coral beauties are one of my favorite fish that I can’t keep due to liking SPS to have polyps :) ) but don’t be so hard on yourself. Moving such a big tank is difficult and especially in the context of relocation which is already stressful. And when we’re stressed, we get forgetful.
Thank you for the kind words. I’m trying to let it go and move on and do the best I can with the situation as it is.

Back