Reef nutrition

DBTC: BC Rainbow in Spain

Ibn

DBTC Rules:

1. Using this DBTC as a backup in the event that my piece dies. If it does, then I would like a frag of this to regrow.
2. Frags are not to be sold. They are to stay within BAR. This is a test to see if the members can adhere to the rule. If it does hold, then I'll open up more of my corals up to DBTC.
3. Keep me updated if this thing dies on you. If not, then please update the thread with the chain info as it's passed along.

Coral
Battlecorals Rainbows in Spain
https://battlecorals.com/products/rainbows-in-spain

What my mother colony looks like.
bc_spainbow_topdown_010317.jpg

What the tiny boogers looks like on 8/9/16 when I mounted them onto the plugs.
bc_microfrag_sunlight_080916.jpg

What the indicative frags looks like. I have 3 in total, but holding probably the bigger of the 2 in the pic for a buddy of mine. There's a 3rd one that's not pictured that will be offered instead. All are similar in that they've been healed for awhile and as you can see encrusted (3/4" plugs).
bc_spainbow_frags_010317.jpg

Lineage: Direct from Adam at BC.

Care: Pretty hardy SPS overall. It does require the standard requirements for SPS, with the mother sitting in moderate light (~200-250 on the meter under LEDs) and like all SPS likes stability.

2 frags currently being offered. If you're interested, pick a number between 1-100 and I'll choose the two winners.

Pickup in Santa Clara or Neptune during normal business hours or at Aquatic Collection on the weekends.

Last edited:
Neat little coral, reminds me a LOT of the ORA Pearlberry though, but whatever shops assigning names to corals that already exist isn't exactly new :)

Thanks for being generous with this Eric, I'd ask but I'm on a SPS hiatus for now until I can figure out how to keep them again! :D

Not really. There's a distinct difference in coloration from this versus the ORA Pearlberry. Here's the ORA Pearlberry for reference. ;)

pearlberry_topdown_010317.jpg

Not really. There's a distinct difference in coloration from this versus the ORA Pearlberry. Here's the ORA Pearlberry for reference. ;)

Guess it's a lighting thing then, because a quick google shows many pieces similar to this
IMG_9416_zpsc5c0dba6.jpg.html

IMG_9416_zpsc5c0dba6.jpg

But regardless of what it is called, don't want to derail your generous thread :)

Eric, very cool. Would have liked to participate, but currently eradicating algae which has my lights WAY down low.

Maybe next time...

So far, I have:

Bruce - 37
Fish Boss - 26
Gabloo - 49
Vincent - 12
yellojello - 88
Flagg37 - 73

I'll let this one float for another few hours and then hit up a RNG generator. :)

What the heck. I gave you a frag of this in that box from the swap. Did you lose it? LOL

No I just like to play! :Dstill growing but right now my tank is experiencing a mini-crash but it is still alive and growing well. I need to figure out the CA reactor and the dosing pump situation soon.

Back