Kessil

DBTC: Walt Disney

So I’ve seen people mention that fragging their sps will make it grow quicker. With all the cutting this MC has had, do you believe it has grown faster than other acros in your tank?

There’s so many variables but I’m curious if you think there’s any impact
fragging promotes growth and will speed up healing if hurt. i tried to scrape some spots on my tck skywalker and that thing just encrusts, but its finally growing nubs after 10 months. ill show u a pic of it later in my journal. honestly, the fastest grower in my tank currently is rr lady in pink and i have never fragged it once. its mainly stability, balance of nutrients, flow, and lights.

@nly04 - healing at 240 par

once again, pick up is in san leandro (94577) during the march 15th week. thanks for all the current chosen ones interests. future chosen ones, see you in 2 months; if not sooner.

@NanoCrazed made a journal update.

dd7dd28e3655297b7e43d54a37cba99c

Pickup the frag today. It in my tank now, see some polyps on this frag already.

Attachments

• FB10D882-B014-4D6D-8ADC-6E590710E232.jpeg
    FB10D882-B014-4D6D-8ADC-6E590710E232.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 196
@dochou

yes you were the chosen one, hence why i mention you healing at 350 par as per our PM and announced it on 3/6.

a few things occurred before the pick up march 15th week. I will break it down for you for why you were not chosen afterwards.

you added yourself to barcode 3/3 - didnt like the getting in line idea, but i let slide since it was a new program we are using.
you lost a green tenuis on 3/10 - https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/kris’s-green-tenuis.27133/page-2
you added yourself @ofzakaria WD on 3/13.
you added yourself to mainly higher end frags recently from @ofzakaria dtbc same week - which are all harder to keep sps
you updated your journal 3/15, which i appreciate, but the sps you have currently is no where the complexity of the sps you are in line for.

I have more reasons too, but I won't mention them.

any BOD think i am out of line, then let me know and delete my post - I just don't care anymore. I am only stating the facts on why candidates are not chosen. Yes, this could be made through PM, but why bother with it. I am not here to offend anyone nor wreck havoc on the dtbc system, just stating my opinions. I just want survivabilty of my sps within the dtbc so I can contribute more. just think of it, who is crazy enough to dtbc a walt disney besides @ofzakaria?

If you are not chosen, so be it.

I already lost a rmf lucky charms ($250), tsa starscream ($350), tsa sin city ($250), tsa arcolandia ($450), tsa super mario ($400) and on a verge on loosing a tsa bubbleyum ($400). Even with my stable parameters, a sps can just rtn one night. just think how i would feel if i loose a rrc rainbow splice ($750)? what have you lost? I am not here to give out free high end corals for people to try and see if they can grow it. i was going to DBTC my rr lady in pink, but i changed my mind (i have frags for specific bar members to pass out already). everyone knows their tank and knows what they can do and not do. I am here to reserve my corals in case my dastaco c2 reactor craps out and shoots my alk to 12 dkh - which almost happened and the highest was 9.4 dkh. if this dtbc program isnt going to work for me, i might as well start selling my corals.

wd - $60/frag
rr lady in pink - $60/frag
rmf acid trip - $60/frag
asd rainbow milli - $60/frag
arc fireworks - $60/frag
tsa bill murray - $60/frag

in other words - i enjoy the DTBC program that is going on, but to me, is not meant for higher end sps... with that note, good night BAR.

-john

Last edited:
Back