High Tide Aquatics

DBTC: Walt Disney

i know i said no nems in the tank, but i will make exceptions if u can guarantee it will not take a midnight stroll along the beach at 2am with a couple of beers and murder it. please keep in mind, this is not an EASY tenuis to keep - hence the retail price. i am not going to give it away just because you want it. id rather sell it and put it in my tank upgrade funds.

i will look through everyone's journal and pick the candidates to continue with the dtbc.

my goal is to make sure this piece is spread around the club and ensure its survivability so everyone can enjoy its beauty. put your name down if you are still interested and no offense if you are not the chosen ones. currently i have 1 candidate i have chosen.

i will post the chosen ones in a week. my rules in the beginning of the thread.

frags are currently healed under 420 par. alk 8.4. cal 460. mag 1380. no3 25ppm. po4 0.04ppm.

i am off for a week during march 15th and porch pick up is in san leandro (94577) which gives it enough time to heal.

thanks for your interests and happy reefing.
-john

Last edited:
The frag is doing well. New polyps forming on the base and the coloration is really starting to kick in.

Attachments

• B3B345A3-DA70-4252-B5BF-954CC9B7CA9D.jpeg
    B3B345A3-DA70-4252-B5BF-954CC9B7CA9D.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 233
I and my tanks aren't ready for this yet but I wanted to stop by and say it's pretty awesome that a hard to keep and expensive coral such as this is being shared. Thumbs up @jhuynh! I'm watching with interest while still geeking out over the easy cheap stuff and learning. :)

the 5th frag has been cut last night. waiting confirmation on the 5th chosen one. thanks for everyone's interests. lets see how many more i can get out for round 3. stay tuned future chosen ones.

So I’ve seen people mention that fragging their sps will make it grow quicker. With all the cutting this MC has had, do you believe it has grown faster than other acros in your tank?

There’s so many variables but I’m curious if you think there’s any impact

Back