Jestersix

DBTC: Walt Disney

I honestly did not understand what happened between the OP and dochou. I honestly want both of them to be happy members of BAR and enjoy everything it has to offer. That’s why I asked for additional information about the issue.

again...
let's all end the discussion and move into PM. all points has been said and we can address the problem in PM. anyone is free to PM me and we can discuss the issue further. let's keep the peace and continue on.

I’ll try to figure out how to move the large part of this discussion not directly related to the chain into a different post later. I don’t know how right now

Doc,the only thing I want to point out is, DBTC is not about generosity, thats what PIF is for. DBTC is indeed about survival of the chain.

I think this is the fundamental issue DBTC often face. The mission is survival not to try and learn or being generous. Once this mission is understood, alot of things get looked at with diffrent lence.
Nope, I disagree. When participating in DBTC you're giving something away (with rules attached). If you weren't generous, you'd keep the coral for yourself or sell it. Yes, it is a banking system too but most people don't ever ask for thier corals back and if they do, hopefully the chain has grown alot and multiple people can give you a frag back. So when the you start the chain your goals should be to bank the coral and spread the wealth, which is a sign of generosity.

I honestly did not understand what happened between the OP and dochou. I honestly want both of them to be happy members of BAR and enjoy everything it has to offer. That’s why I asked for additional information about the issue.
Yep, me too. I'm still trying to understand @jhuynh. He didn't reply to my post.
I don't abuse the system and I abide by rules stated by the DBTC starters.
I don't get inline for corals I don't think I can raise. I don't experiment with DBTC corals.
I was just trying to understand @jhuynh and got attacked.

Nope, I disagree. When participating in DBTC you're giving something away (with rules attached). If you weren't generous, you'd keep the coral for yourself or sell it. Yes, it is a banking system too but most people don't ever ask for thier corals back and if they do, hopefully the chain has grown alot and multiple people can give you a frag back. So when the you start the chain your goals should be to bank the coral and spread the wealth, which is a sign of generosity.
thanks. no comment on it but youve made my point.

This thread is being unlocked at the request of the originator.

Please let’s all keep in mind:

1. The person with the frag to give out in DBTC has 100% control over who they do or don’t give it to. You may not agree with their criteria but that’s the way it is. This is especially true for higher end/more difficult corals like this one.
2. Please remember that this is a social club for our hobby. I don’t think I’m out on a limb too far to say that we all want to enjoy our time here. Plus it is easy to misinterpret posts/PMs since you don’t get the nonverbal queues. So please think twice before posting negativity, and please when possible give people the benefit of the doubt.
3. The point of DBTC is not for the originator to give out all the frags and that’s it. The point is that they seed the chain through their generosity and then recipients grow them out and give back more frags into the chain. Imagine how incredible it will be when lots of different members are sharing their Walt Disney frags in the club!

3. The point of DBTC is not for the originator to give out all the frags and that’s it. The point is that they seed the chain through their generosity and then recipients grow them out and give back more frags into the chain. Imagine how incredible it will be when lots of different members are sharing their Walt Disney frags in the club!
Totally agree!

to the future chosen ones, round 3 is coming soon~!

i passed out 4 frags for the first round, 5 frags for the second, and i am potentially hoping i get can 8 - 10 decent sizes out within the next month. please read below before signing up.

MY NEW DBTC RULES:
*must be a supporting ACTIVE BAR member
1. At least two frags from this tenuis should be offered through DBTC before you do whatever else you want with your extra frags.
2. People who have offered frags on this thread get first dibs on next frags (should something happen to theirs).
3. IMPORTANT - Must have a tank journal and reasonable SUCCESS KEEPING SPS FOR OVER A YEAR.
4. Whoever is interested please put your name down or PM me, I will pick who will will get a frag - using BarCode doesn't guarantee you a frag, but gives me an idea that you are interested.
5. Must have a 40g or larger tank and no anemones in it (can make exceptions on no nems if u can guarantee its sustainability and survivabilty).
6. BOD members are exempt from my rules, we can talk if any interest.
7. If anyone sells their piece before completing their chain, I will revoke and stop any future DTBC and close out currently ones I have open.
8. Current contributing DBTC'ers will have priority in joining my chain.

Pick up in San Leandro

current parameters:
par 350
no3 25ppm
po4 0.03ppm
alk 8.4
cal 450
mag 1380

thanks and happy reefing.

Back