High Tide Aquatics

Donate zoas to Steinhart Aquarium

JVU

President
BOD
Charles Delbeek at the Steinhart Aquarium reached out to me recently to see if BAR members would be interested in donating colorful zoas/palys to a tank they have in their “Venom” display area. They already have a couple zoas but are looking for more pop.

The staff biologist in charge of the tank let me know they have brown and pink specimens and are looking for other colors.

iPhone pic of the display currently:
1604890575437.jpeg

Post here if you’d like to donate some to the tank. Charles mentioned that they can supply the required donation paperwork if needed.

I’m planning to offer to donate Utter Chaos, unnamed toxic green palys, and Nirvanas.

Charles Delbeek at the Steinhart Aquarium reached out to me recently to see if BAR members would be interested in donating colorful zoas/palys to a tank they have in their “Venom” display area. They already have a couple zoas but are looking for more pop.

The staff biologist in charge of the tank let me know they have brown and pink specimens and are looking for other colors.

iPhone pic of the display currently:
View attachment 21256

Post here if you’d like to donate some to the tank. Charles mentioned that they can supply the required donation paperwork if needed.

I’m planning to offer to donate Utter Chaos, unnamed toxic green palys, and Nirvanas.
THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!! Wish I had something to donate & looking forward to the day I can.

Is there any minimum size frag or number of polyps they want or anything like that? I don't know the name of them off the top of my head but I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them

So many generous replies, as I expected from our awesome club! I’ll call the biologist in charge of this tank tomorrow to hash out more details.

Back