High Tide Aquatics

Donate zoas to Steinhart Aquarium

Eons ago, when the Academy was being remodeled and some of the exhibits had a temporary home downtown on Howard St, there was a sign mentioning the BAR contributions to the Academy.

It would be really nice if BAR can be mentioned in some form

Yes I helped them with that...most we could get them to commit was a paper sign at the time. There were pics of the first behind the scenes tour at the temp location. I think they are gone now. Its was part of a SF tank tour day...maybe I still have some shots.

Yes I helped them with that...most we could get them to commit was a paper sign at the time. There were pics of the first behind the scenes tour at the temp location. I think they are gone now. Its was part of a SF tank tour day...maybe I still have some shots.

I know I and some others would pay the cost.

The truth is that I know they would be absolutely inundated with not just Zoas, but high end chalices and SPS as well if they'd put up a plaque and give us an easy way to get them stuff. Not only would members love to see our donations there, but it acts as one more place to safely grow and spread rare corals.

I have some grandis paly's that I'd be happy to donate on the toxic front. I also have a bunch of these, and a couple other more generic ones:
img_1888-jpg.17944

Reactions: JVU
Rastas, nirvanas, rainbow hornet, pink zipper, purple hornet, and maybe some more im forgetting. Would need to head home and check out what I still have. What size are they looking for

I can add a clump of sunny D palys to the list. @JVU it would be good to ask what the tank parameters are at Steinhart - alk, temp and N/P levels, just to sanity check it’s a good match to keep the corals in good coloration.
8c4027d758e9f3c7e5a457ce898b70c2.jpg

After a week of fruitful activity, I'd also like to offer up any or all of the following:

Salted agaves
Vamps in drag
Blue/green zoas (not sure of the name)
Fire and Ices
Rainbow hornets
Utter Chaos
Aoi
Sunny D

The Steinhart was extremely meaningful to me growing up and is a big part of why I'm a scientist, so I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Back