Cali Kid Corals

Eric's 100 gallon adventure. (Formally 40g)

Done!!!

20210413_233711.jpg

Plumbing is done. I have 50 gallons of salt mixing with another 65 gallons of heated ro ready to go. Tomorrow I'll leak test the work I did tonight and I'll have everything swapped over by Friday night.

So looks like you don’t think those more expensive schedule 80 fittings BRS sells are necessary? Maybe they are just for people going for a different color scheme?
Being a commercial plumber I would never buy fittings from a lfs or any site directed at our hobby. The mark-up is insane. At work I only use sched 80 when using pvc but that's only for pressurized lines. Sched 40 is more than sufficient for drain lines and the low pressure our return pumps put out.

Being a commercial plumber I would never buy fittings from a lfs or any site directed at our hobby. The mark-up is insane. At work I only use sched 80 when using pvc but that's only for pressurized lines. Sched 40 is more than sufficient for drain lines and the low pressure our return pumps put out.
That's really good to know. Thanks for the good info especially from a professional in the field. Now I know vendors are promoting sched 80 to make more $$$.

That's really good to know. Thanks for the good info especially from a professional in the field. Now I know vendors are promoting sched 80 to make more $$$.
Schedule 40 can is rated to 450 psi while 80 is rated at 630 psi. I do like the look of Schedule 40 pipe with the gray Schedule 80 fittings but I just used what I had on hand. All of this stuff came with my tank.

I use https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/ to get all the fittings that are now looking awesome in a box in my closet.
Do you know of anywhere better to check?

I'm surprised you didn't replace that ball valve before the manifold. I find ball valve being super hard to turn even brought as new, any trick to make it less sticky for long time use?

I'm surprised you didn't replace that ball valve before the manifold. I find ball valve being super hard to turn even brought as new, any trick to make it less sticky for long time use?
That is a new ball valve. Actually that manifold is all new. Other than that it's all from the old tank.

only reason I ever use Sched 80 is because I can't find the equivalent in a Sched 40, and I just want it NOW (vs searching... which is all the time. hah)

only reason I ever use Sched 80 is because I can't find the equivalent in a Sched 40, and I just want it NOW (vs searching... which is all the time. hah)
Conleff plumbing or Pace Supply in Santa Clara will have any fitting you need. @max_nano I would check Pace Supply in sf next time you need pvc. I do get a contractor discount but it's worth checking

I miss having Barron Park Plumbing around here... used to be down the block.
Did they close? I went in there once and they didn’t have any of the parts I needed. ACE hardware near us has a pretty good selection, also have some grey schedule 80 fittings, but there is always something missing. For example right now I need a 1” slip pipe barb adapter and they have threaded but not slip version.

Back