Kessil

Eric's 100 gallon adventure. (Formally 40g)

Anemone tank lookin good so far, make sure your glass cleaner can still get behind your rock, its lookin a bit close to the glass
I was going to say the same. Other than that, I like the caves for fish to hide in. Also, consider if this is a long term or short term tank, and what kind of coral height you expect. Some people with have sps only like the rock to go 1/2 way up, but I thought my tank looked empty until it was closer to 2/3 of the way up (like you have here). Rockwork near the top always gives you a place to try to irradiate some mushrooms and make them bounce!

I love to know what in the green bottle on the left.
Just some mantel decoration my girlfriend put up...

20210419_182518.jpg

Will you set up the rock from the 40 unattached to this current structure? With your encrusting corals it might be good to have some separation so a single coral doesn’t hog space? Not sure if that is actually beneficial though, but it’s why I split my main rock with sps into 2 structures

Will you set up the rock from the 40 unattached to this current structure? With your encrusting corals it might be good to have some separation so a single coral doesn’t hog space? Not sure if that is actually beneficial though, but it’s why I split my main rock with sps into 2 structures
Yep. It has plenty of room for my 40 rock to sit on the right.

Looking good, but what's up with the heater sitting around in the back right corner of the tank? Can't you stick it in your overflow or in the sump instead?

Looking good, but what's up with the heater sitting around in the back right corner of the tank? Can't you stick it in your overflow or in the sump instead?
It's just there temporarily. I'm going to use two smaller ones in my sump instead of that giant one.

Reactions: Ibn
Back