Cali Kid Corals

Fragging Workshop Saturday, 6/11, 1-3pm

Will you attend the fragging workshop?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wish I could make it, this is usually one of the events I most enjoy. Awesome that Kenny and High Tide Aquatics are hosting us. This is good prep for the frag swap we are planning for July- details will be coming along shortly.

I think that beautiful Goni alone is increasing attendance :)

Hah I should have mentioned that I'm only planning on trimming it down, not chopping the whole thing up, so we'll see how many frags come out. Its sting is pretty potent and bothering nearby corals, hence the need to trim.

Full extension killing anything surrounding it. It does not get along with true gonioporas, I learned the hard way. Great for GSP control though
DSCF3329.jpg

Last edited:
That you to Kenny and Eric and everyone!!! I am so glad I came. Me and my son had such a good time talking about tank and felt very welcome. I feel very inspired and encouraged. I don't think I would ever consider using a band saw myself but now I know I could totally do it. Thank you!!!

Attachments

• 20220611_141219.jpg
    20220611_141219.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 20220611_135919.jpg
    20220611_135919.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 131
That you to Kenny and Eric and everyone!!! I am so glad I came. Me and my son had such a good time talking about tank and felt very welcome. I feel very inspired and encouraged. I don't think I would ever consider using a band saw myself but now I know I could totally do it. Thank you!!!
I am glad you and your son didn't loose any fingers when I showed you how to use the saw. :eek:

Hah I should have mentioned that I'm only planning on trimming it down, not chopping the whole thing up, so we'll see how many frags come out. Its sting is pretty potent and bothering nearby corals, hence the need to trim.

Full extension killing anything surrounding it. It does not get along with true gonioporas, I learned the hard way. Great for GSP control though
View attachment 39225
Hey I got 2 from ya but didn’t pay you. @Reefinglens wants one so I’m going to give one to him, so we both owe you $20, lol! I wish I could have helped you with that cut!! I think I was helping a customer when you cut it. But part of this hobby is trial and error! Hopefully the big one bounces back well! After it heals up a bit, you can bring it back and we can clean it up if you like

@under_water_ninja all good. I was saying we can get squared away whenever you have a copperband ready to go. Or if I decide on that sweet acro sapthulata frag ... just waiting to see how my tank stabilizes after an alk swing last month that wreaked some havoc my acros. Thank you for having us!

The aftermath :p. You can see how I tried to start low and take a slice off the bottom of the mound. The blade started riding up and I just went with it instead of forcing and potentially bending the blade. I probably should have been facing the blade too instead of standing and pushing it from the side. For anyone curious on growth rate, I started January 2021 with a frag half the size of the ones you see here.
DSCF3341.JPG

@IOnceWasLegend @Coral reefer @tankguy @phc567 @JVU got a frag for you guys whenever

@under_water_ninja all good. I was saying we can get squared away whenever you have a copperband ready to go. Or if I decide on that sweet acro sapthulata frag ... just waiting to see how my tank stabilizes after an alk swing last month that wreaked some havoc my acros. Thank you for having us!

The aftermath :p. You can see how I tried to start low and take a slice off the bottom of the mound. The blade started riding up and I just went with it instead of forcing and potentially bending the blade. I probably should have been facing the blade too instead of standing and pushing it from the side. For anyone curious on growth rate, I started January 2021 with a frag half the size of the ones you see here.
View attachment 39317

@IOnceWasLegend @Coral reefer @tankguy @phc567 @JVU got a frag for you guys whenever
1655138878599.png

Back