Our mission

[Jun 13, 2015] LFS... (Diablo Corals, Aquatic Collection, California Reef Co, Neptune Aquatics)

LFSMapPNG.png

Information:
  • BAR will be doing a day tour to visit the Local Fish Stores that sponsor the club. You can do the full tour or just part of it.
  • We will raffle off multiple giftcards at each store.
    • Saturday, June 13, 2015
  • "I love doing a store run and visiting all the LFS's to see what new selection they have. Every store is different and will carry unique corals/fish/equipment that the other stores don't have." -EnderTurtle
Schedule:
  • 11:00 - 11:45 Diablo Corals
    dclog.jpg
  • 12:45 - 1:45 Aquatic Collection
    aclog.png
  • 2:00 - 2:45 California Reef Co.
    crclog.png
    • 2 Raffle Prizes:
      • (two $25 gift cards)
    • 10% discount on livestock for BAR members. (MUST show proof of membership)
      • Only TODAY
  • 3:15 - 4:00 Neptune Aquatics
    aclogo.jpg
Rules
  • Everybody is welcome to ride with us and visit the stores. (You dont have to be a member)
  • Join or Leave the tour whenever you want.
  • But you must be a Supporting Member to win the Gift Cards.
How will this work?
  • You have to be there at the scheduled time to win the raffle.
  • Three things will happen
    1. Some people will want to do the full ride and carpool to all the stores.
    2. Some people will join the LFS tour at a certain time
    3. Some people will only visit their nearest local fish store.
  • You can join the carpool or ride alone.
  • If you want to start a carpool for your area, post in this thread.
Membership Benefits for this Event
  • Eligible to win the $25 gift cards.
  • Member-only discounts
    • You must show proof of membership.
      • A screenshot of your login with "Supporting Membership" will work.

cars.png
CARPOOL LIST (Starting Locations)

• San Francisco
    • ?
  • San Mateo
    • @Enderturtle (1 Seat Available) - Full Tour
      • Me, Ahruk, Treylane, Fang Blenny
      • I will have a big styrofoam box with a sharpie for marking the bags if u wish to use my box.
  • San Jose
    • ?
  • East Bay
    • ?
    • @2manyhobbies (2 Seats Available) - Full Tour - Meet in Oakland.
Stay tuned for updates!

Post here if you're going :)

Oh! Did ya know we're giving away a Kessil 360WE light? It's in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright let's do a coral run!

If you ain't there at the scheduled time, well I guess I'll be the winner of some extra gift cards to buy my favorite corals ;)

CARPOOL PEOPLE! If you want to be a carpool please post in this thread and LET us know if you are doing the full trip or starting from one location to another.

At the end of the day we will end up in San Jose which is relatively near most people's locations.

Last edited:
Going to be fun, bummed I won't be able to make it. This is a great chance to show support to our amazing lfs sponsors, and to let them know that bar members really do contribute to their businesses. Many of these stores see us fairly often, But they don't always know that we are BAR members. Let's reinforce the fact that we do indeed support them like they support us!

I am not sure if I will be able to drive/car pool on Sat. My table saw and my right thumb had an argument on Sun morning and guess who won!
I will be going to orthopedics on Thurs so should know by then how well this is going and will respond when I get back.

Murphy's law strikes again.

well, I am learning to type that way right now. pain pills help but the oxycodone has been sending me to the couch for an early nap (2 hrs today). Tomorrow Igo to ER for check up. They called this a compound fracture because I fractured a bone plus a large amount of tissue damage.

Only took me two minutes to type this.

OK, I got my dates mixed up. If all goes well with the healing I should be able to car pool next Sat. Remember, I am in Oakland and will be able to take three people.

Make sure you RSVP if you want free pizza at aquatic collection so I know how much to order. If you don't RSVP and there isn't enough you won't get any!

Denzil will not be going so there currently is no southbay carpool.

Which is fine. Come do the tour or just visit the store near your house.

Itll be fun :)

Back