Kessil

Looking for volunteers to judge bonus/ultra corals.

So there's a list with corals that are bonus/ultra but it's an old list, and even if the list was updated there's bound to be corals that may be classified as "bonus" or "ultra" and would like more experienced eyes/minds to be the authoritative judge on the matter. Basically if someone says "how about this coral" it's up to you to determine if it would be classified as bonus or ultra, and then what amount would be required. While one person is more than adequate, having more than one person helps especially if they have different backgrounds, i.e. the zoa guy may not be the best person to judge acropora and vice versa. While you yourself don't need to be in possession of these "rarer" corals, having some deeper knowledge than what some vendor calls and sells it for would be appreciated.

So if interested shoot me a message, and I'll be more than happy to give you authoritay! (cartman voice)

So there's a list with corals that are bonus/ultra but it's an old list, and even if the list was updated there's bound to be corals that may be classified as "bonus" or "ultra" and would like more experienced eyes/minds to be the authoritative judge on the matter. Basically if someone says "how about this coral" it's up to you to determine if it would be classified as bonus or ultra, and then what amount would be required. While one person is more than adequate, having more than one person helps especially if they have different backgrounds, i.e. the zoa guy may not be the best person to judge acropora and vice versa. While you yourself don't need to be in possession of these "rarer" corals, having some deeper knowledge than what some vendor calls and sells it for would be appreciated.

So if interested shoot me a message, and I'll be more than happy to give you authoritay! (cartman voice)
If it helps, I'm judging everyone's coral now....

In seriousness, I may not be able to make it (RV trip), but if it's an email list and you want some opinions, I'm happy to pitch in.

@Mike Yasin here's the list from 2019.

BONUS
3 polyps - Flaming Zebras
3 polyps - Yellow Brick Road
3 polyps - Red Hornets
3 polyps - Vamp N drag
3 polyps - Purple Heart
3 polyps - CRC Candy Apple Blues
3 polyps - Gatorades
3 polyps - Goblins Fire
3 polyps - Maryjanes
3 polyps - WWC Clementines
3 polyps - Pink Hallucinations
3 polyps - Prometheans
3 polyps - WWC Gaia
3 polyps - WWC Laser Lemons
3 polyps - Blue Hornets
3 polyps - WWC Halle Berry

2 polyps - Alien Acne
2 polyps - Blue Lagoon
2 polyps - Candy Apple Reds
2 polyps - KH Sunburst
2 polyps - KO Nightmares
2 polyps - Paradise
2 polyps - Pink Hippos
2 polyps - RR Banana Boat
2 polyps - Seduction People Eater
2 polyps - Tyree Orange Rainbows
2 polyps - Tyree Space Monsters
2 polyps - Utter Chaos
2 polyps - WOWs
2 polyps - Gold Maul
2 polyps - Magicians
2 polyps - WWC Twizzler
2 polyps - Rainbow Hornet

1 polyp - LC Petroglyphs
1 polyp - ASD Rainbow Ring Pharaoh
1 polyp - Butt Munchers
1 polyp - Darth Maul
1 polyp - Oompa Loompas
1 polyp - Rainbow Kazoo/Latin Lovers
1 polyp - Rainbow Rhinos
1 polyp - WWC Pink Krakatoa
1 polyp - White Velvets
1 polyp - Yodas
1 polyp - WWC AOI
1 polyp - WWC Purple Monster
1 polyp - Rainbow Incinerator
1 polyp - ASD Hyper Jubilee
1 polyp - VW Bloodshot
1 polyp - Nirvana
1 polyp - Bowtie Blaster
1 polyp - RR pink diamond
1 polyp - Ziggy Marleys
1 polyp - JF Acid Reflux
1 polyp - Jawbreaker Hornet
1 polyp - Pikachu
1 polyp - Tree house of horror
1 polyp - Miami Vice
1 polyp - Alien Anti Venom

ULTRA

Zoas/Palys

1 polyp - Adonis
1 polyp - ASD Leprechauns
1 polyp - Wowser/Bowser/Hyper Candy/CandyAppleOrange
1 polyp - Flaming Mohican
1 polyp - GB Emperor
1 polyp - Hallucination
1 polyp - JF Askrak
1 polyp - JF Bloodshot
1 polyp - JF Poison Potion
1 polyp - Speckled Krakatoa
1 polyp - Rainbow Maul
1 polyp - Ultimate Chaos
1 polyp - Psychosis
1 polyp - GB Buttkisser
1 polyp - WWC Superstar
1 polyp - Space Chaos
1 polyp - Bozo’s Birthday
1 polyp - CB White Zombie
1 polyp - Awesome Blossom
1 polyp - Beauty and the Beast
1 polyp - WWC Illuminati
1 polyp- GMK

If it helps, I'm judging everyone's coral now....

In seriousness, I may not be able to make it (RV trip), but if it's an email list and you want some opinions, I'm happy to pitch in.
Not a worry, this is not something we need to volunteer at the swap. This is all before the swap for people asking about corals if they're not on the list... and it seems eric would like at least one list potentially redone :)

Someone sent me a message about "Little House of Horrors" Zoa, and I know blue LEDs, filters, and fantastic camera work can make most any coral look great, but I really don't want to just go by how much corals are sold for as a metric for what's rare.

@Mike Yasin here's the list from 2019.

BONUS
3 polyps - Flaming Zebras
3 polyps - Yellow Brick Road
3 polyps - Red Hornets
3 polyps - Vamp N drag
3 polyps - Purple Heart
3 polyps - CRC Candy Apple Blues
3 polyps - Gatorades
3 polyps - Goblins Fire
3 polyps - Maryjanes
3 polyps - WWC Clementines
3 polyps - Pink Hallucinations
3 polyps - Prometheans
3 polyps - WWC Gaia
3 polyps - WWC Laser Lemons
3 polyps - Blue Hornets
3 polyps - WWC Halle Berry

2 polyps - Alien Acne
2 polyps - Blue Lagoon
2 polyps - Candy Apple Reds
2 polyps - KH Sunburst
2 polyps - KO Nightmares
2 polyps - Paradise
2 polyps - Pink Hippos
2 polyps - RR Banana Boat
2 polyps - Seduction People Eater
2 polyps - Tyree Orange Rainbows
2 polyps - Tyree Space Monsters
2 polyps - Utter Chaos
2 polyps - WOWs
2 polyps - Gold Maul
2 polyps - Magicians
2 polyps - WWC Twizzler
2 polyps - Rainbow Hornet

1 polyp - LC Petroglyphs
1 polyp - ASD Rainbow Ring Pharaoh
1 polyp - Butt Munchers
1 polyp - Darth Maul
1 polyp - Oompa Loompas
1 polyp - Rainbow Kazoo/Latin Lovers
1 polyp - Rainbow Rhinos
1 polyp - WWC Pink Krakatoa
1 polyp - White Velvets
1 polyp - Yodas
1 polyp - WWC AOI
1 polyp - WWC Purple Monster
1 polyp - Rainbow Incinerator
1 polyp - ASD Hyper Jubilee
1 polyp - VW Bloodshot
1 polyp - Nirvana
1 polyp - Bowtie Blaster
1 polyp - RR pink diamond
1 polyp - Ziggy Marleys
1 polyp - JF Acid Reflux
1 polyp - Jawbreaker Hornet
1 polyp - Pikachu
1 polyp - Tree house of horror
1 polyp - Miami Vice
1 polyp - Alien Anti Venom

ULTRA

Zoas/Palys

1 polyp - Adonis
1 polyp - ASD Leprechauns
1 polyp - Wowser/Bowser/Hyper Candy/CandyAppleOrange
1 polyp - Flaming Mohican
1 polyp - GB Emperor
1 polyp - Hallucination
1 polyp - JF Askrak
1 polyp - JF Bloodshot
1 polyp - JF Poison Potion
1 polyp - Speckled Krakatoa
1 polyp - Rainbow Maul
1 polyp - Ultimate Chaos
1 polyp - Psychosis
1 polyp - GB Buttkisser
1 polyp - WWC Superstar
1 polyp - Space Chaos
1 polyp - Bozo’s Birthday
1 polyp - CB White Zombie
1 polyp - Awesome Blossom
1 polyp - Beauty and the Beast
1 polyp - WWC Illuminati
1 polyp- GMK
looks like a list of all the pieces I've lost... sigh

Just to clarify a bit, the ask is for people to volunteer to help with this BEFORE the event, like now. They would review the current bonus/ultra lists, suggest additions/subtractions, respond with opinions when people ask for their coral to make the list before the day of the event. We don’t add coral to the bonus/ultra lists on the day of the event, too hectic.

Just to clarify a bit, the ask is for people to volunteer to help with this BEFORE the event, like now. They would review the current bonus/ultra lists, suggest additions/subtractions, respond with opinions when people ask for their coral to make the list before the day of the event. We don’t add coral to the bonus/ultra lists on the day of the event, too hectic.
oh then thats easy. i can help you with that with @Mike Yasin

@Mike Yasin @jhuynh I officially give you the authoritay! As officially judges of what is/isn't bonus/ultra SPS coral, feel free to modify the existing list too

Here is the list of SPS coral, it's an old list I would suggest focusing on subtractions rather than additions to the list, corals can always be added after someone asks if it's worth, but it's harder to remove a coral if someone has in their mind that it will be worth bonus tickets.
And here is the official thread on bonus/ultra corals for the swap, which is where people should be asking about a coral's status if they expect bonus/ultra.

@Mike Yasin @jhuynh I officially give you the authoritay! As officially judges of what is/isn't bonus/ultra SPS coral, feel free to modify the existing list too

Here is the list of SPS coral, it's an old list I would suggest focusing on subtractions rather than additions to the list, corals can always be added after someone asks if it's worth, but it's harder to remove a coral if someone has in their mind that it will be worth bonus tickets.
And here is the official thread on bonus/ultra corals for the swap, which is where people should be asking about a coral's status if they expect bonus/ultra.
1622686498433.png

Going to put this over here so as I locked the other thread, and it's relevant to this particular topic

@Randyadammartin
Mike... I have a few folks that exclusively deal in high end ZOA. I can ask them what's hot right now to modernize the list.
I appreciate the offer, however note that these list isn't necessarily only "high end" corals, some may be simply corals that are desirable but not necessarily "high end". That said, I feel that any zoa list of will quickly balloon out of control if every hotly contested zoa is added. That said I would feel more comfortable with this job in a member's hands directly as opposed to "I know a guy" :)

Would be more than happy to help out w updating the zoa list. afraid I dont know too much about other corals though haha
Fantastic! And doing just Zoas is more than fine. Got two pros on the SPS side of things, and LPS & other softies probably doesn't need too much changing, at the very least I can change .

So just as I told others, main focus should be removing stuff that shouldn't be considered "rare" (i.e. bonus or ultra), or if it's borderline perhaps just make a larger polyp count needed and you can astrisk it so we can keep an eye on that in the future, if you feel things should be demoted from ultra to rare that's great too.

As for adding to the list, that's fine too, but additions can always happen after the fact if someone asks.

Back