Reef nutrition

New Shop : 1701 Fortune Dr Suite G

I went over around 11:00 and checked them out. It's obvious they are just barely getting started. I got on their email list. Very close by, almost walkable.
Yeah, owner probably wanted to get the opening done and just soft opened so to speak.

Tools were still laying around... :)

If you want healthier fish and minimize work to get fish ready for prime time in your tanks, probably hold off until next few weeks when he gets settled and more fish in.

The powder blues were fine and healthy. The yellow boxfish was struggling and had signs of ich but I decided to take it home anyway and try to treat.

The other box I have was fine though. But just to be safe, I fresh water dipped and doing full QT protocol with UV running for all the fish from today. Actually worked out because noticed another fish I bought recently also having ich... so tossed it into the QT with fresh water dip as well

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Call me crazy but I would never chance it. I pay more just to have the fish QT'd before I buy. Ive spent thousands of dollars on my hobby. Losing potentially 100s-1ks on a fish blows my mind. BTW if anyones interested bay bridge in oakland QTs all the fish for atleast 6 weeks. Ive never had a single issue. You pay a little more but atleast you dont waste your money when the fish takes itself and others with it.

Mostly. There are minimal corals in there that can easily be rehomed to my other tanks if need be.

The white spotted boxfish is advised to be "reef compatible with caution"...so will take a chance and adjust in favor of the fish

Glad you got a boxfish. They are fun fish to have :). Mine spit water at me during feeding time. I think it was impatient for its blood worms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always wanted one but never found one that spoke to me.. and my prior tanks weren't suitable.

Now that I have multiple tanks to choose from, and saw a white spotted boxfish worth stealing from OnTheReef :).. can't saw no.

So I went there this morning since is only 20min from my house and I wanted to check the place.
I did not buy any fish because it was very easy to see that the fish were not in good condition, many death or about to die soon.
I also have to say that the owner asked me if I had a QT tank and he said that if I don't have one, I shouldn't buy any fish to not risk killing the ones in my tank due to diseases. So kudos to the owner who was very nice.

There were lots of fish and the prices were great, about half the price in any other LFS. So basically we will have access to wholesale prices.
The owner intents to sell wholesale to other LFS in the US.

I left my e-mail because in future they think about running different discounts every week.

So all in all, it is still very early for this store, many tanks waiting to be set up (including corals, first shipment in about 2 weeks) and fish needs to be QT for a few weeks, but I think this place has a lot of future potential.
Probably in a few months it will all be settle and it will definitely be the best place in the Bay Area to purchase fish at a low price.

FYI. That boxfish (and all the other fish i got except for that one yellow box) are doing great in QT. fresh water dip and on path to hypo (currently 1.020) and everyone is eating with no signs of ich on body...

2 Nakao wrasses
4 Hippo tangs (small)
3 Springeri damsels
2 powder blue tangs
1 white-spotted boxfish (female)

it's too early to tell... they're just setting up still. I'll probably be more like buying fish from a wholesaler than a true Neptune experience. Not the Neptune QTs their fish or anything... but they get their fish sourced from both local wholesalers who might QT, and overseas

FYI. That boxfish (and all the other fish i got except for that one yellow box) are doing great in QT. fresh water dip and on path to hypo (currently 1.020) and everyone is eating with no signs of ich on body...

2 Nakao wrasses
4 Hippo tangs (small)
3 Springeri damsels
2 powder blue tangs
1 white-spotted boxfish (female)

Why 4 hippo tangs and 2 powder blue tangs? Do you have a huge tank : )

Why 4 hippo tangs and 2 powder blue tangs? Do you have a huge tank : )

I'm planning on keeping one of the powder blues and one of the hippos (in separate tanks). The others i picked up for friends but since I am QT-ing any way, I am doing them a solid.

That being said, I'm already noodling on another big tank! :D

I guarantee that among the 4 Hippo's and the 2 Powser Blues there is ich -- and most likely all four of the Tangs. New tangs prior to proper QT or TTA method almost all of ich in my experience.
The hippos all looked a bit ich-y. The powder blues "looked" fine but that's just looks... I'm sure they've got some junk in\on them.

Back