High Tide Aquatics

Professional aquatic tank, cleaners

Dfrashid

Supporting Member
I’m thinking of starting a business of cleaning tanks there’s many of people out there wanting saltwater tanks but they just don’t know how to take care of them. I was wondering if you guys think it’d be a good idea and what do you think I should charge? I’ve keeping my tank for about three years steady now. IMG_3602.jpegIMG_3603.jpegIMG_3606.jpegIMG_3605.jpegIMG_3604.jpegIMG_3607.jpegIMG_3608.jpegIMG_3601.jpeg

Maybe consider contacting lfs or bussineses already doing it. Get hired and see how they do it take in the good and bad of it all. Do it 6months to a year. Afterwards you will either have a head start and information needed to excel or you will say its not for me.

Doing your tank is one thing. Yet other people can be jerks, conceited, not take your advice, want you to work for free, just plain diffcult expecting the impossible.

Are you capable of dealing with people, tech and marketing skills?

Also by working for someone in a feild your considering you will learn easier ways of doing things, how to save time meaning earn more. I could keep going but working for someone in the feild would be like you getting a college degree while getting paid to do it.

Don't mean to make things sound impossible by any means, just a very good option working for someone who does it before jumping head first in the pitch black while blindfolded.

Working for them would let you see what they charge and how they gain clients, keep them, market themselves. Plus tools they use most likely very different and more effective than what you use at home.

Last edited:
I remember how much trouble I had finding someone who said he could professionally move my 40 gallon tank in the bay area, and how it didn't work out super great. There might be an unmet need there? But that would be unpleasant, probably, based on every time I have ever moved an aquarium :)

Is there actually money to be made or is it just a side hustle?
I would imagine there is Plenty to be made.

I'm a chef by profession and do catering think weddings parties etc. Tons of things always happening in our area. Yet getting clients and events is harder and more challenging work than the tasks of planning, cooking, designing displays, planning menu, making a day of timeline/ execution plan, lots of headaches and often time nights with out sleep to ensure things are perfect at the events. Despite all the hard work it brings me joy and fulfillment seeing sastified clients making all the effort worth it to me.

As mentioned earlier getting more clients and events booked is way harder than doing the actual events and for me is the real nightmare.

Tons of money out there in catering, just like what you are considering doing but it is tough and expect headaches and frustration like I think @Kensington Reefer said.

Also unspeakable joy when you get your first happy client.Those feelings run hand in hand and are often stressful.

I haven't had anything booked in a few months and it sucks. The waiting and hoping.

No marketing pitch at all here, but if you wanna check out some of the things I've done.

Last edited:
Back