got ethical husbandry?

Sale price

Sounds like you already made up your mind.
I’m not going to pretend I don’t have opinions. I don’t make the rules for the club, the members and the entire Board does. Plenty of things pass that aren’t the way I would have done it, which I’m fine with as we are doing what most of the club wants. I see my job as clarifying ideas and proposals to become actionable items so that we can consider the pros/cons and vote on them. Otherwise it’s just complaining, which has never been my style.

Okay well my vote is for “No”. I have provided my reasons. You can disagree I stand by my vote.
You said you don’t want us to be eBay for fish, which no one is proposing. You mentioned people should be able to negotiate their price privately, which they can. Can you clarify further why you don’t like the idea of people having to list asking prices? I’m not being difficult, I really don’t understand your position yet. And if you feel this way, probably others do too; I don’t want their positions to go unheard either. Or if you want you can virtually join us in the next Board meeting and discuss it more there. The vote is the Board but the discussion and opinions of the members are what matter.

Oooh I misunderstood I thought my vote actually meant something. It’s really the board members that vote and i as a member have to try to convince them to vote my way. So basically Congress where the senators vote how they want no matter what the people want. Got it !

Oooh I misunderstood I thought my vote actually meant something. It’s really the board members that vote and i as a member have to try to convince them to vote my way. So basically Congress where the senators vote how they want no matter what the people want. Got it !
@Randyadammartin you listed your for sale price on the FB BAR group and Craigslist so why are you against listing it here?

0F61F987-706B-4DAC-919C-F86934DFBF1B.jpeg A224B678-8A26-4537-B1C1-9F2B7CD32C19.png

Last edited:
I’m not going to pretend I don’t have opinions. I don’t make the rules for the club, the members and the entire Board does. Plenty of things pass that aren’t the way I would have done it, which I’m fine with as we are doing what most of the club wants. I see my job as clarifying ideas and proposals to become actionable items so that we can consider the pros/cons and vote on them. Otherwise it’s just complaining, which has never been my style.
Whiner!

Rules in B/S/T are pointless.

1) We have no real way to make rules obvious.
It is posted in a sub-thread, but people have to go look, which the do not.

2) We don't have the resources to enforce them.

We tried to add a rule a while back to document the last 6 months for coral sales.
It was ignored.

We tried to add a rule a while back to document the last 6 months for coral sales.
It was ignored.
You can't just make a sticky with the rules?

Don't fall into the fallacy that because your view isn't the one that is chosen that "they vote no matter what the people want", I mean this thread alone was started because someone has a different opinion than yours.

It was ignored.
I don’t know, if it is listed as a rule people may self enforce, especially if enough people feel strongly about it. Look at the no sales posts on the non B/S/T forums posted by non supporting members. Every time that happens someone always points out the club’s rule on that and helps the new person out.

Also I don’t see the 6 month rule in the rules sticky, so if that might be why it’s not enforced? Of course, I don’t care either way for that rule anyways

That is curious.
Like I said above, it is hard to be in-your-face obvious with our "forum based" site.

But was it just missed, or a permission problem?
Do you see this?
View attachment 27980
Nope I can see it and I did look there first when before I posted. I just totally missed the bold text in that post *facepalm*.

Sorry my mistake

I think it is worthwhile to set the rules up in ways that foster what we want the club to be like. Sometimes the reason for rules isn’t obvious until you see what happens when you don’t have them. We all know that we won’t have perfect enforcement of the rules. I think most of our members want to do what’s best for the club and want to follow the rules for that reason, so having them is useful as guidance.

Back