Jestersix

Talk me out of this aquarium

1707863933179.png

Talk me out of it !!! 10 foot long x 3 foot wide x 15” high. Going to used it as my display.

Super shallow reef ? 2/3 rock on the back side of the aquarium. 1/3 front side for the fish to swim ?
Corals can grow 8-10” before reaching the water top.

Super shallow reef ? 2/3 rock on the back side of the aquarium. 1/3 front side for the fish to swim ?
Corals can grow 8-10” before reaching the water top.
Unless you want to put the corals on the rocks…

And if the plan is tank bottom-rock-coral-water surface then you don’t have space for flow past there. Or ability to see anything past from the front, so you lose the advantage of a deep tank. You can see down through the water surface of course but that view is never as clear.

Lots of larger fish wouldn’t be happy with the shallowness. I say tie it into a display and have a sweet frag flat tho
Is the price right?
If I had room I would be very into that

Lots of larger fish wouldn’t be happy with the shallowness. I say tie it into a display and have a sweet frag flat tho
Is the price right?
If I had room I would be very into that
I miss calculated the length. It’s 8ft. But it comes with aluminum stand, the stand cover , sump and ato. For 950. If you’re interested. Original owner built in 2019. He said he paid almost 10k when new.

Back