got ethical husbandry?

Vincent's Office tank

That is a really cool tank dimension. I second looking forward to the aquascape plan. Any fish list in mind? I feel like you could have a few different schools of fish in that size tank.

So...is there unstated competition with each other's tank? I could see that with so many other hobbyists checking out each other's tanks...

That is a really cool tank dimension. I second looking forward to the aquascape plan. Any fish list in mind? I feel like you could have a few different schools of fish in that size tank.

I've already started on the fish. Got a Rhomboid pair, a pair of Tono wrasse and a female diamond tail flasher wrasse.

Right now I'm leaning towards tearing down my 190 and moving all the livestock over to the 150. So a purple tang, yellow tang, melanerus wrasse, fisheri angel maybe headed over. Or I may start a smaller tank that is actually in the house vs in the garage.

I may add a few more flasher wrasses, a few anthias, maybe a few more fairy wrasses.

Sump is in.

IMG_5741.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the updates on this build. How are you going to get any work done with a tank like that in the office lol.

Been a hectic March but finally started on fish.

QT tank is a IM30L.
Current inhabitants:
Whip Fin fairy wrasse M/F pair (C. filamentosus)
Golden Rhomboid F (C. rhomboidalis)
Golden angelfish (C. arantia)
Tomini tang (C. tominiensis)
Mitratus butterflyfish (C. mitratus)

img_5814-jpg.24991

In the bucket undergoing TTM:

Golden Rhomboid M (C. rhomboidalis)
Carpenter's wrasse (P. carpenteri)
Line-spot Flasher wrasse (P. lineopunctatus)
Filamented Flasher wrasse (P. filamentosus)
Macneill's Assessor (A. macneilli)

IMG_5813.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5814.jpg
    IMG_5814.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 398
Are you planning on qt'ing your coral going in as well? How do you assure you don't introduce ick if you don't?

Are you planning on qt'ing your coral going in as well? How do you assure you don't introduce ick if you don't?
Corals will have any plugs cut off before being introduced into the tank. The usual dips and flushes will take care of any residual water from source. Ick does not encrust on live tissue. Only danger here is water. CUC will be quarantined in a fishless system for 72 days before introduction.

Back