Neptune Aquatics

Vincent's Office tank

For every 2 pod orders, I try and get some with them. I do put some in the fuge as well so hopefully they breed there. I also add them at night after lights out.
You got me tempted to try them out. If anything, seeing more small swimmy things are cool. Anyone want to split an order of Mysids?

Edit: @Vhuang168 How big are your mysid shrimp? I see tiny shrimp in my substrate that are maybe 2mm long. Google says up to 1cm, which seems smaller than the mysis which can get to 1"

Last edited:
You got me tempted to try them out. If anything, seeing more small swimmy things are cool. Anyone want to split an order of Mysids?

Edit: @Vhuang168 How big are your mysid shrimp? I see tiny shrimp in my substrate that are maybe 2mm long. Google says up to 1cm, which seems smaller than the mysis which can get to 1"
I have more coming tomorrow. They are about 2-5mm.

Let there be light!
White only @ 50%. 12" off the water. Tank is 48"X36"X20"
IMG_6303.jpg

Is the water level height typical for IM tanks? I just seems really low to me for some reason.

What is the PAR on the light across the tank? That is pretty good spread.

Is the water level height typical for IM tanks? I just seems really low to me for some reason.

What is the PAR on the light across the tank? That is pretty good spread.
And even spread too, you will see obvious shadow at 4 corners with Ap9x

When you sent me the pick of the office tank, I thought it was the general population tank not yours.

Your guy that made your sump, do you think he will do a custom overflow for me?

When you sent me the pick of the office tank, I thought it was the general population tank not yours.

Your guy that made your sump, do you think he will do a custom overflow for me?
You may have to wait for it. He is a 1 man shop but he’ll do anything custom.

Added par numbers.
Yellow is against back glass.
White is middle third
Black is against front glass.

I'll be switching to 2 lights soon. Just waiting on the 2nd to be available. Lights will be transverse to the tank.

IMG_6303.jpg

Why is front higher so you think? Positioning of light? Angling?
My thought was the reflectivity of the black vs the clear glass, but that's just a guess. I think BRS did a video where they mentioned this same occurrence; I'd have to do some searching to find it though.

Back