Our mission

Waterbox Cube 20G

Tiny frags for a small tank. This constitutes the bulk of the remaining spaces for sps.
1619646152180.png

They all look pretty good, with the exception of the BC bubblebath unicorn, which looks like half of it receded recently. Just gonna leave it be and just monitor it.

Nice additions!

How’s the carX been with such a small volume? I’m happy with 2 part on my 30 gal but am curious how it works out on a small tank. does your pH stay relatively low because of the effluent?

The CaRx has been doing well for the tank so far. No issues with pH that I can see at the moment. Here's the pH chart for the tank. It's been low recently since they're doing some repair work on the balcony and I've closed all the windows. It'll go back up once they're done and I can crack a window here and there. The windows are all closed as of Monday, when you can see the pH drop.
1619650719808.png

It's not too bad considering the pH inside the CaRx. The changes in the pH occurred when I tweaked with the settings of the reactor so that the time it's on is more inline with the reduced consumption of the corals (noticed it when the display pH dropped earlier in the week).
1619650748294.png

The CaRx has been doing well for the tank so far. No issues with pH that I can see at the moment. Here's the pH chart for the tank. It's been low recently since they're doing some repair work on the balcony and I've closed all the windows. It'll go back up once they're done and I can crack a window here and there. The windows are all closed as of Monday, when you can see the pH drop.
View attachment 26499

It's not too bad considering the pH inside the CaRx. The changes in the pH occurred when I tweaked with the settings of the reactor so that the time it's on is more inline with the reduced consumption of the corals (noticed it when the display pH dropped earlier in the week).
View attachment 26500

I used to run a carx on a 25 gallon. I just ran with the pH of the reactor around 6.8 or 6.9 so the effluent wasn’t as concentrated and it didn’t throw the ph of the tank off as much.

Last edited:
Picked up the Trident not too long ago and have been tracking the parameters in the tank. They looked okay, other than Mg, which was low. I've been using some leftover b-ionic to raise it over the past few days. Satisfied with the current params so I'll stick with them for now.
1620261464089.png

Also added more fish so that I can up my feedings. Picked up a tailspot blenny and 3 tiny bartletts anthias (~1"). The bartletts are temporary residents in the tank which allows me to up my feedings. The new addition also helps with the aggression shown by the Starck's damsel, who was picking on the leopard wrasse for awhile.

SPS are still doing alright with the majority of them mounted. Colors aren't where I'd want them to be but they're still looking decent considering the size of the frags.
1620261815246.png

Is it old outdated idea that you want ca/mg to be 3:1? Or did I make that up?

Nope, that's the gist of it - 3:1.

My target parameters for this tank is Alk 7.5-8, Ca 400-420, and Mg at 1350-1400. The Mg is higher than the 3x, but I've always ran and prefer to run it higher than 3:1. The alk is higher than I prefer, but the tank has been settling in at around those values so no point in fudging/chasing those numbers.

i leave the left side of my tank growing coralline only because some direct sunlight come in. rest of the glasses, its scrapped weekly. i want the coralline since i am running bare bottom. promoting more coralline growth to me means less nuisance algae to grow.

Reactions: Ibn
in my tank.. i get faster coralline growth with mag 1400+.

This! Outcompetes nuisance algae since I'm a heavy feeder (dumped 3 cubes in yesterday). No frozen today, but still ended up dumping in 12 spoons (the tiny ones used for Salifert test kits) of NLS small fish pellets throughout the day.

Got my hands on a brown filter. I usually don't shoot corals under blue lighting with an orange filter since it saturates the pics a bit, where it's noticeable to my eyes, and blows out the oranges and reds (especially prevalent in LPS).

These are pretty spot on in regards to actual colors under blues.
1620410496829.png

Still have these 2 tenuis to mount. The left one has a metallic sheen to it which is hard to capture and the right one is throwing all sorts of colors.
1620410597466.png

Received the acrylic lid from Kraken Reef a few days ago. Bought the premium one with the feeding cup. I've used Clearview lids before and would have gone that route but the 5+ weeks of waiting vs. 2-3 weeks for Kraken Reef was a turn off.

Overall, really like the quality of the lid. I originally placed the lid over the tank with the feeding cup in the front corner. I've since turned the lid around with the feeding cup in the back left corner instead where it sits almost directly above the MP10.
1621292726138.png

Here's the feeding cup. Fits like a glove. Wish I had gone with a black cup instead now that it's in the back left corner. I toss various food in the cup and it does it's own thing, but I've been considering adding a tiny pump to the cup so that it swirls the food around a bit more (to kind of imitate what The Plank does).
1621292857253.png

Received the acrylic lid from Kraken Reef a few days ago. Bought the premium one with the feeding cup. I've used Clearview lids before and would have gone that route but the 5+ weeks of waiting vs. 2-3 weeks for Kraken Reef was a turn off.

Overall, really like the quality of the lid. I originally placed the lid over the tank with the feeding cup in the front corner. I've since turned the lid around with the feeding cup in the back left corner instead where it sits almost directly above the MP10.
View attachment 27235

Here's the feeding cup. Fits like a glove. Wish I had gone with a black cup instead now that it's in the back left corner. I toss various food in the cup and it does it's own thing, but I've been considering adding a tiny pump to the cup so that it swirls the food around a bit more (to kind of imitate what The Plank does).
View attachment 27236

Was that the original shape of the tonga rock structure or was it put together. I am contemplating breaking up my tonga and recreating it.

Was that the original shape of the tonga rock structure or was it put together. I am contemplating breaking up my tonga and recreating it.

It was put together via mostly some EMarco and some acrylic rods. This is the smaller set of rocks that was originally used in my 87G.

A bunch of meh pieces of Tonga.
1621296139212.png

Drilled into the Tonga and inserted small acrylic rods.
1621296056263.png

EMarco was then applied over the seams.
1621296096583.png

The points were a bit too much impactful for me so I eventually used more EMarco and create some "legs" so that they'd be more flat as they sat against the bottom glass.

Not much happening in the tank. Just still waiting for the coralline to really show up as the tank has been pretty stable as far as alk is concerned. Sps are either slowly beginning to encrust or coloring up. Some of the wild tenuis are slowly shifting colors as well.

Poto ice age granulosa - picked up from Jonathan (@Jonathan Chia ) on about a week ago. Not much happening...
1621627585151.png

RR The Vinh, also from Jonathan (@Jonathan Chia ). A weeks difference and the body is slowly lightening up with some of the brown disappearing.
1621627684585.png

Rest of the pics are gonna be ~11 days difference between the pics. Left are ones from 5/10 and right are from today, 5/21.

RR OP
1621627880397.png

RRC Pink Cadillac. Slowly coloring up and encrusting.
1621627970382.png

BC Bubblebath Unicorn. Lightening up of the tissue. Not a bad thing for this piece. The algae circling this frag and others, I'm not too concerned about for those wondering.
1621628108776.png

Neptune tenuis #4. They're named after the order that they went into the tank, this being the 4th Acro. Slowly coloring up and picking up pinks.
1621628238583.png

Neptune tenuis #5. Grown a bit and it's beginning to kill off algae at its base for its encrustation. Colors slowly coming in with the polyps going orange.
1621628331258.png

Neptune sps #6. Not sure if this is a tenuis or not so it's still labeled as just a sps. It's picking up some nice oranges and pinks, after shedding the blues/greens. Not sure what the polyps really looks like on it...
1621628494546.png

Neptune tenuis #7. Nice and plump tissues. Hard to tell, but it's encrusting underneath and to the right. It's slowly losing the blues and picking up greens instead so it'll be interesting to see what it ends up looking like.
1621628819865.png

Neptune sps #9. Not 100% but I think this is A. vermiculata (not A. tenuis). It's looking very meh currently.
1621628952579.png

Back