Reef nutrition

What past hobby do you miss?

He’s got something like 15,000 comics. My wife said he cataloged them all but it was all by hand in a notebook.

That's fine. Shoot me a pic of about a half dozen notebook pages and/or pop the lid off half a dozen of the long white boxes their in and take a picture with some of them visible. That can give me a huge amount of info.

Any Baseball cards?

Into baseball cards? I picked-up a box at a garage sale 5 years ago of what turned out to be late '80s cards. One of those "buy the lot" deals with no idea what might be in the group. I'm not a collector but thought there might be something in the set of interest and it might kickstart me into the hobby; there was: a Billy Ripkin "F-Face". From Maryland, this one stood out to me and made it all worth the trouble. Others in there too, like a couple Griffey rookie cards. I searched the ones that I recognized and a random sample of 30 (attached pics).

If you're interested, I'm a new member getting back into the hobby. Could be an easy exchange. I'm curing and cycling rock now for last month; RSR 250 delivery next month; planning to start stocking in earnest later in the year.

When I made the spreadsheet the pics are from, I indicated there were approx 4,000 cards. The random thirty was for the most part all the work I put into looking through that set; there could be some standouts. Not sure if I kept all the "paperbag cards" or not (ones that were simply stacked in a big paper grocery bag) but the ones that were originally in binders I kept. Theses have been sleeved and in albums from day-one by the original collector I suspect.

See spreadsheet screenshots.

Let's hear the hobbies you used to be into but have fallen off the radar.

Farming, scuba diving, freshwater fish and plant keeping, aquaponics, Koi fish and ponds, FPS/RTS games, woodwork, computer building, reading, sightseeing, pottery, etc... theres just not enough time in a day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farming, scuba diving, freshwater fish and plant keeping, aquaponics, Koi fish and ponds, FPS/RTS games, woodwork, computer building, reading, sightseeing, pottery, etc... theres just not enough time in a day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So....do you miss all of those? or, are you able to squeeze time for any of them?

I started building and racing custom nitro RC boats about 15 years ago. Raced trucks for a while too. Got out of it 6 or 7 years ago. My daughter is now almost 8 and loves rc cars so we bought a bigger one. Got a traxxas slash.
80ee64b2b3dd3def37c9883ce3918d05.jpg

when my wife at the time found out how much my set up cost, i slept on the couch for a week. totally worth it

I do miss playing paintball. Wish I kept some of my markers. Had a custom round body AKA Merlin and a custom AKA Excalibur. Still have my regards/tanks/hopper and protective gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My last marker was an Eclipse XSV SL74 (with the team based in Modesto, I couldn't go any other way). Shorty composite bottle and (I forget the name now) a short reg on it. When tucked, only my barrel went past my shoulders. I played front and that small profile was worth it.

I do miss playing paintball. Wish I kept some of my markers. Had a custom round body AKA Merlin and a custom AKA Excalibur. Still have my regards/tanks/hopper and protective gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
i still my markers. one is up in my garage and the other is in its case. i can probably have it served and use as a back up or forsome who wants to try. if i ever get back into it. maybe next summer. too many hobbies.

Back