Kessil

5th SF tank tour - Sat Feb 28th 2009

"The previous tank tour I was on had the potluck at the first person's house that was showing a tank. It worked out well."

OK Ian, here is your chance to request something "Onolicious"! ;D

"Sorry I am going to miss this one :(
On a family vacation to Maui, flying out the day of the tour."

I think going to Maui is a great consolation. :) My Mom is from Maui, I haven't been there is years...Boohoo. Have a great time and eat some Hawaiian mangoes and mahimahi for me! :D

Cool that we got 4 tanks so far for showing. I am working on a something special for the tour too, but I need to hear back.

Looks like it will be Pot Luck again, but more to follow on that later on.

Lets see....

Headcount so far - ( Space is going fast! I should sell tickets next time!)

1.) Arnold/ Apon / Showing 120 mixed reef tank.
2.) Tony / Gomer / Viewing
3.) Ian/iani/Showing
4.) Patrick / Nukeproof / Viewing
5.) Sherri/Lyn/Viewing
6.) Jeff/Zambavi/Viewing
7.) Tim/Timten/viewing
8.) Mike/sfsu*/Showing 180 stony & maybe 80g softie
9.) Eric/Ibn/viewing
10.) Karl / Unarce / Viewing
11.) Patrick Bareiss/patrickb/viewing
12.) jimmy / jimmyc / viewing
13.) bryan/seminolecpa/eating
14.) daniel/Paradox/Showing
15.) Open
16.) Open
17.) Open
18.) Open
19.) Open
20.) Open

We usually plan on dropping by sponsors if there is time,

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=5841.msg73314#msg73314 date=1231399470]
"The previous tank tour I was on had the potluck at the first person's house that was showing a tank. It worked out well."

OK Ian, here is your chance to request something "Onolicious"! ;D

"Sorry I am going to miss this one :(
On a family vacation to Maui, flying out the day of the tour."

I think going to Maui is a great consolation. :) My Mom is from Maui, I haven't been there is years...Boohoo. Have a great time and eat some Hawaiian mangoes and mahimahi for me! :D
[/quote]
Sherri, whatever you feel like making I'm sure will be good.

Ok, since I have never been on a tank tour, could someone tell me how they work?

I just have visions of 20 people driving around the city trying to find parking...

So, do we meet at the first designated house, then hitch a ride to the others?

Sounds like this is a 5 hour event. Guess I should get dropped off at the first place?

Don't know if anyone will be going from East Bay...

The past ones all started at one place. then we split off into a few cars.
I'm going from the east bay (Livermore) and am tempted to take BART if it can be arranged with the tour.

Ideally we would all meet up at a fish store with lots of parking (oh wait, I must be delusional since there are none) and then carpool to the four fish tanks on display. Then afterwards, we could finish off the event by hanging out at the fish store where we started from. Which fish store has the best (ie: least crappy) parking situation? My vote is for Ocean Treasures because while the parking there is not great, it's centrally located and the store has nice stuff.

Last time we met at Eileen's house. If we were to meet at any store in the city (to leave our cars), my vote would be aquatic central. Patrick you have to think about this, almost all the parking around OT is metered parking. We wouldn't be able to leave our cars at a metered parking spot the whole day. Aquatic central has a ton of street parking behind the shop. That would be the easiest place for people to leave their cars (if we are talking about meeting at a store).

[/quote]
Sherri, whatever you feel like making I'm sure will be good.
[/quote]

Should I make something really local and freak people out...Spam Musubis anyone? ;D

Gomer, good idea on Bart. If you find the closest one to the meeting site, please let me know.

Although, I do believe I can arrange to get dropped off by the family, and send them to Cal Academy of Sci. or the Exploratorium for the day. :)

Show us Eileen! ;D

As one said to another...

Raddogz
2009 BAR Member

Re: Lyn's 12 gal. nano; 3rd of 3
« Reply #9 on: Today at 12:11:41 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's a very nice looking tank Lyn!

Do not be shy about showing the tank off. It takes as much effort if not more to maintain a smaller tank vs. a larger one (been there and done that - not easy).

No pressure or anything... ;)

People south of the city could park at my place and then carpool from there up to the city. I have lots of street parking and am about 15-20 mins south of the city.

Don't worry Guys, its not my first time planning a tour. : ) When I work out a schedule I also plan on the best place to park....it has always worked out pretty well.

Update -

1.) Arnold/ Apon / Showing 120 mixed reef tank.
2.) Tony / Gomer / Viewing
3.) Ian/iani/Showing
4.) Patrick / Nukeproof / Viewing
5.) Sherri/Lyn/Viewing
6.) Jeff/Zambavi/Viewing
7.) Tim/Timten/viewing
8.) Mike/sfsu*/Showing 180 stony & maybe 80g softie
9.) Eric/Ibn/viewing
10.) Karl / Unarce / Viewing
11.) Patrick Bareiss/patrickb/viewing
12.) jimmy / jimmyc / viewing
13.) bryan/seminolecpa/eating
14.) daniel/Paradox/Showing
15.) perry/xinumaster/viewing
16.) Eileen/Raddogz /not sure if showing or just attending yet ( She should show though - you have over a month to clean it up :)
17.) Open
18.) Open
19.) Open
20.) Open

Speaking of Steinhart - are any of you a member? Please PM me if you are.

Back