got ethical husbandry?

5th SF tank tour - Sat Feb 28th 2009

[quote author=LordHelmet link=topic=5841.msg73622#msg73622 date=1231537638]
if i didn't know any better, i'd say you don't belive i will make it this time around arnold.

paypal sent. member for 09 :)
[/quote]

Well - if I include the South bay tour - you are 0 and 5. So I wouldn't bet money on it : ) - Space is a valueable on thses things.

Ok will update the RSVP list on Monday. Again this is not a official BAR event, but I only want active members. So if anyone has questions or issues, please just let me know.

I have an Academy single membership so can take someone in with me. What to bring? I could make an Arkansas tag along, pear cake, or apple crisp type pie. Both adapted to wheat free. Any votes? Richard

Update - Its long please read carefully and respond back correctly, to make my life easier!

Ok it looks like we can get a short Steinhart tour from Matt Wendall (Aquatic Biologist, Steinhart Aquarium)
as well, but here is the deal....we have to get ourselves in to meet him.

The reason I was asking if people had memberships is that they can usually get 1 person in free with them. I am not sure how many people would want to pay to enter the Steinhart for just like 1 hour, so I will leave it as an optional right now. For those who come and have a membership, we can use that and split the cost for the tickets between everyone who doesn't have the membership.

For example - lets say we have 10 people who don't have membership, and 5 people that do, then we would buy 5 tickets - but split the cost by those 10 people. We need to buy the tickets ahead of time so I really need confirmations before Feb 1 to buy the tickets. Like I said this would be optional for the people on the tour, since its at the end you don't have to go if you don't want too.

Saturday is very busy there, but I went there this Sat at 4pm and it was actually pretty empty, most people were on there way out. Matt also suggested in the afternoon as a good time as well. So we will shoot for ending the Tour at Mark's House (Wakskat) around 3:45pm and walk to the Stienhart ( about 5 long blocks). I will probably go again this Sat to see how the 4pm headcount will be. FYI - normal admission is $25 ( group rate is $22 but min- 15 nonmembers) Annual membership is $100 and you get to go all year long with a guest.. maybe a few of you will buy one? : )

Please let me know (if you didn't already) if you have a membership and want to go to the Steinhart.
A simple "Yes/Yes" reply will do, I will update the log. If you are not a member and want to go please respond "No/Yes"

I am also closing the RSVP now and starting a Waitlist, incase anyone drops since we have 7 more weeks to go. I need exact headcount as well so update me if I am wrong.

Name/ Handle/ Showing or Viewing/ Academy Member/ Backstage tour

1.) Arnold/ Apon / Showing 120 mixed reef tank / Yes / Yes
2.) Tony / Gomer / Viewing
3.) Ian/ iani/ Showing
4.) Patrick / Nukeproof / Viewing
5.) Sherri/ Lyn/ Viewing/ Yes/ ?
6.) Jeff/ Zambavi/ Viewing
7.) Tim/ Timten/ viewing
8.) Mike/ sfsu*/Showing 180 stony & maybe 80g softie/ Yes/ ?
9.) Eric/ Ibn/viewing
10.) Karl / Unarce / Viewing
11.) Patrick Bareiss/patrickb/viewing
12.) jimmy / jimmyc / viewing
13.) bryan/ seminolecpa/ eating/ Yes/ ?
14.) daniel/ Paradox/ Showing
15.) perry/ xinumaster/ viewing
16.) Eileen/ Raddogz /not sure if showing or just attending yet ( She should show though - you have over a month to clean it up
17.) Mark/ Wakskat/ Showing/ Yes/ ?
18.) Chris/ LordHelmet/ viewing
19.) Steve / Patchin/ viewing
20.) Theresa/ Patchin/ viewing
21.) Arman/ Reeffer/ Viewing ****(needs to Pay Club Dues - Is your Wife coming too? I forgot her name - I need to save her a space as well)
22.) Arman's Wife/ Reeffer/ Viewing
23.) Richard/ yardartist/ veiwing/ Yes/ ?
24.) Erin/ Pixelpixi/ Viewing

Wait list.
1.) Open

Draft Schedule ( With the Steinhart thing we probably won't be going to any sponsors along the tour this time. BAR is going to try to do a sponsor tour only later on as well)

10am Arman's???? Treasure Island - no Bridge Toll (not confirmed)
11am Daniel's ( how is parking by you?)
12pm Mike's - can we do the Potluck at your place?
1:15pm Ian's
2pm Arnold's
3pm Mark's
3:45pm Steinhart
5pm - end or Eileen's tank? : )

(Note the Ian, Arnold, Mark and Steinhart are all with 5 minutes drives of each other)

I think that's it for now......

Parking by me is easy, abut Ian nd Mark might take a few minutes. Bryan you didn't answer if you want to come to Steinhart? even though you have the membership.

So if we go to Steinhart are we going to be kicked out at 5pm?

Yes/Yes (assuming its actually a behind the scenes bit, if it's all the areas I can get to normally then Yes/No)

yes/yes

Arnold, are we meeting at Arman's for pot luck and carpooling? I will need to catch a ride to the other houses because I will be dropped off in the morning. :)

Lynn stand by... Arman hasn't confirmed.

Mike can we have the potluck at your place? Matt said he can show us around, but it will be messy behind the scenes. Not sure how much because of time, and I am not sure on the hard 5pm time either.

This is what I got from Matt so far, Bart is out of town that day.

"Hey Arnold,

I can show you around that Saturday…I do have to warn you that there isn’t much to see behind the scenes yet! As Bart said we still have a lot of work to do on back of house holding space.

The afternoon will probably work better for us too, and the crowds have usually died down a bit by then."

Potluck at my place is fine, just remind me a week ahead so I can clean up and make it somewhat respectable :D

Some issues, I don't really have any chairs (other than my 4 dining table ones), also don't have tv trays, or any other folding table for that matter, so a bit of adv planning might be needed, I can always park my car outside though and have the entire garage open.

Back