Cali Kid Corals

680 Tank Tour

For those wondering the dry rub made some fantastic bark. BAR knocks back some hearty potlucks!

Chris great to see your gas fired tank water heating system. The fish had such luminous color and getting so close to massive fish was great.

Ben and Beverly, now I really want to see the big one. What great color from green to blue to yellow to red. The coral was so healthy. I would eat off the top of your sump, seriously someone has a medical condition.

Jess, the new kid on the block. Six months, you have to be kidding. Glad I got to see it before the rock get buried.

Thanks everyone for making it a fun and educational tour. Maybe some photos will get posted up here?

OK now I want a bigger tank. Last tour I fell in love with my tank all over again. This tour size matters.

gimmito said:
Bar tours rock ! We should end all future tours at Chris pad. ')

I just need to check with the wife but there should not be a problem with that :) It was great meeting you guys today. Had a blast.

-Chris

yardartist said:
Ben and Beverly, now I really want to see the big one. What great color from green to blue to yellow to red. The coral was so healthy. I would eat off the top of your sump, seriously someone has a medical condition.

Sorry for the late post. I was out seeking medical consultation for my clean sump condition. (lol) The big tank (225g) is in Hayward and you're welcome to stop by whenever you're in the area. LMK

This was a very fun and educational event. I got a chance to meet some awsome people and see some cool tanks from a full LED lite 120g to a bigger than my first appartment 1100g system. (lol) I learned that it's more economical and effecint to heat a 600g tank using hydronics/radiant heat and that just because you're tank is exclusively lite by LEDs doesn't mean that you won't have a heat issue due to the summer weather.

Everyone that attended was very friendly and fun to talk too. Thank you to everyone that attended and to the people that showed for making this a fun event. Also, thanks to Richard for making this event happen, Chris for the place to eat (great pork too) and to Gregory for photograhing it for others to see. My tank looks better in your photos than in life. (lol) All the food was great.

Benjamin - Your tank really looks that good. Like the other tanks it has given me another push to get mine ready in case a tour is ever up this way. I forgot to ask: how long ago was the temp crash? I'm trying to gauge the coral growth we saw.

Also please tell Beverly I haven't forgotton the recipe.

-Gregory

GDawson said:
Benjamin - Your tank really looks that good. Like the other tanks it has given me another push to get mine ready in case a tour is ever up this way. I forgot to ask: how long ago was the temp crash? I'm trying to gauge the coral growth we saw.

Also please tell Beverly I haven't forgotton the recipe.

-Gregory

Thanks for the recipe. We'll give it a try some time soon and let you know how it went.

The temp crash (due to GFI) was back in January of 2008 and that was before upgrading to this tank (100g vs 120g).

Here's a shot of the current tank (setup 10-31-09) a day after it was setup.
Please keep in mind that I got rid of some live rock, had some corals die, sold a clam and had a bad case of AEFW. Due to the AEFW I had to discard a bunch of corals and rearrange the aquascape. BTW where is "up this way"?
_DSC0725.jpg

Back