an offering for DBTC contributors only-Calfo pulsing sinularia frag

Discussion in 'DBTC - Softies' started by bookfish, Sep 1, 2007.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. bookfish

bookfish Guest

[​IMG]
    I'll make 1 or 2 of these frags depending on demand. You must have 3 prior contributions to the DBTC program to qualify.
    The winners must pick up at my place in Alameda where there may be other corals available to them at that time. This is to encourage people to put corals into this program instead of private trades/ sales and get some of my stuff which can't be acquired any other way!

First 1 or 2 people to reply.

2. nash

nash Guest

I would like a frag of that. :)

3. bookfish

bookfish Guest

1 down. PM me Weyland.

4. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Honorary Member

I love to try a piece if you have some left. Thanks

5. bookfish

bookfish Guest

Hi Tom, I saw your tan stag with blue tip contribution to the DBTC program. Could you point me to your other 2 contributions please?
    Thanks-Jim

6. TimTen

TimTen Guest

Wow, really nice piece. lol wish my third DBTC worked out faster. Half the fun would have been seeing the new tank.

7. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Hi Jim. I love to get a frag of your sinularia?

8. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Honorary Member

[quote author=bookfish link=topic=2356.msg23896#msg23896 date=1188696012]
    Hi Tom, I saw your tan stag with blue tip contribution to the DBTC program. Could you point me to your other 2 contributions please?
    Thanks-Jim
    [/quote]

Darn thats was my only one so far (I am pretty new to the club) ... ok got to pass on this one until I have more stuff to give away :D :D

9. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Oooh... this is the coral that Anthony Calfo hand carried on a plane to deliver to Jim :)

I guess if he tried that now, TSA might make him drink the saltwater :)

10. bookfish

bookfish Guest

Yup, must be about 5 years ago now. Roughly a 1/2" frag when I got it.

11. bookfish

bookfish Guest

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=2356.msg23919#msg23919 date=1188799933]
    Hi Jim. I love to get a frag of your sinularia?
    [/quote]
    NP, PM me.
    For everyone else, don't worry, it grows fast!

12. Thales

Thales Past President

I have a frag of this that I can donate to the DBTC. PM me if you are interested - same rules as Jim! :D

13. bookfish

bookfish Guest

Me Me Me!!!!
    Oh wait....
    Never mind!

14. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Rich is this the same coral I got from you? Its growing well, but doesn't really pulse in my tank.

15. Thales

Thales Past President

Arnold,

Nope, you get the bookfish variant. :D

16. bookfish

bookfish Guest

These corals seem to pulse more strongly in response to lower levels of flow. Mine get lots of flow and the frags I make may take a bit to begin pulsing in other tanks.

17. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Hi Jim. I'll be a the meeting this saturday. I was hoping I could pick up the frag tomorrow.

18. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Jim,
    The frag you gave me 6 mos ago is still the same size. Looks like two little nubs. Have it in the center middle of the tank. Any advice? Rarely do any polyps appear.

19. bookfish

bookfish Guest

Could be flow, if it's not getting enough it can't shed it's mucus coat and it'll do poorly.

20. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Moved frag to get more flow. Branches have expanded and polyps have appeared. Good call, Jim! I'll keep you posted.