got ethical husbandry?

BAR Members only swap August 14th @ Chabot College

Is it swap time yet? I got a ton of frags I want out of my tank PRONTO!

I'd like to look into my tank to see the rock structures, not have to look around the big honking frag rack to see frags.

sfsuphysics said:
Is it swap time yet? I got a ton of frags I want out of my tank PRONTO!

I'd like to look into my tank to see the rock structures, not have to look around the big honking frag rack to see frags.

Heh me too!

I noticed people were using flash lights in the last frag swap. Any recommendations on what light to use?

We have BAR flashlights, however they can become a commodity. I recommend that you purchase a flashlight with blue LEDs , that way you can see the amount of pigment the coral has.

tuberider said:
We have BAR flashlights, however they can become a commodity. I recommend that you purchase a flashlight with blue LEDs , that way you can see the amount of pigment the coral has.

Thanks Jeremy! You know where I can find them locally? Somewhere on the peninsula?

BAR got theirs direct from the source IIRC, or was it from an online dealer? Bah I forget but I do know it was not local. Streamlight is the company that made BARs.

Doesn't look like the model we got comes with the option for blue LEDS any longer... but this model does:

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=27

I like the plain jane white LED flashlights, as the white leds typically have a good blue spike you can see what the coral looks like under "normal" conditions. Although I will concede that blue LEDs will make the coral go electric if there's any sort of fluorescing pigments in it.

Are there available outlets near all the frags? I was thinking of carrying my ballast in my backpack, and holding my 250w MH over each station.

yellojello said:
Are there available outlets near all the frags? I was thinking of carrying my ballast in my backpack, and holding my 250w MH over each station.

A joke of course...

So how do u label an sps that you forgot the name to it. All I know is it's supposed to be green and it's tan. Grows like tree branches and has bigger polys?

Back