Crazy Blue Steel Zoanthids!

Discussion in 'Neptune Aquatics' started by robert4025, Apr 7, 2009.

1. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

I just got this pic of the actual piece from my supplier on this crazy looking zoathids. I am contemplating on bringing in another shipment just becuase of it. What do you guys think? Worth it? Yes, No?

[​IMG]

they said pic is not photochopped.

2. badbread

badbread Guest

Yes! I didn't see these yesterday when I stopped in!! I would have definitely picked up a piece!

And now that I re read your post I see you don't have them in... YES!

3. FunGuy

FunGuy Guest

I love zoas/palys. Hopefully you'll have a small frag of those available on Sunday :) If the color is accurate, those are pretty nice.

4. Apon

Apon Volunteer

nice :)

5. melly mel

melly mel Guest

Very Nice!

6. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Here's two more pics of the different colony.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure how many colony I'll be able to get.

7. badbread

badbread Guest

Whatever you get if you get them Robert, could you hold a few polyps for me? Thanks hun.

:p

8. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

You got it, Jay.

9. mray2660

mray2660 Treasurer

Robert

Also when you get this in please let me know I would like a frag of this.

Mike Ray

10. scuba71

scuba71 Supporting Member

Wow.... that is gorgeous. When are you getting it in? I am also interested in a few polyps.

11. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

BEAUTIFUL! I'll make a special trip to stop in a pick some up when I have time! :D

12. are those from florida?

13. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Sam....I was told they're African? I didn't even know corals can be shipped out of that area.

14. iani

iani Guest

Yeah they are African. They were coming a lot last year from Africa. I think they were called AOIs.

15. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

I thought AOI have solid center? No? They do looks very smilar though but these have a yellow ring and I thought AOI don't. Anyway, they look hella nice still and we may bring them in anyway, along with more acans! hehe

16. they're nice rob. you should bring em in.

17. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Ghana. Stuff has been coming out of Africa for a long time....think golden heart triggers ;) Zoas aren't CITES :)

I saw those at your supplier as well :p

18. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Sweet. Were they that nice with your eyes, Gresh?

BTW...are you back in town now?

19. Eight

Eight Guest

Hey Robert, please save me a frag. :)

20. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

No problem, Jason. We just got in three large colonies of them this morning along with some acan lords. There will be plenty of frags to go around once they're fragged. Cerissa and I were able to make some frags today for $5 each from the polyps that came loose during the shipment and they've already starting to open nicely under T5's and MH. Under MH, the color is pretty close to what you see in those pics! Under T5s, they're a bit dull. Our camera die and we couldn't find the charger for it so no pics, yet. We just found the charger at home so we'll post some pics tomorrow.